Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Very impressed with this Vintage guitar

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    Aren't some of these guitars sold under the Vintage name also sold at little more than half the price by Thomann under their Harley Benton brand name? For example, aren't the Vintage V100AFD Paradise and the Harley Benton SC-550 Paradise Amber Flame pretty much the same guitar? 

No although some may be made in the same factory. I think the QC on Vintage stuff is higher than on HB. They both represent great value and can easily give an Epiphone a run for its money.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My first guitar was a VS6 SG copy, I loved it. I still have it now but don't play it as often as I should. Still sounds and plays great though, I really like the stock pickups and the only change I've made was new pots and harness. If I recall the whole thing only cost me £105 too!
  • Vintage make great guitars for the money. A true rival for Squier and Epiphone these days.
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    Not up on the current range but still have vintage junior stunningly good little guitar. Also the original v6 was a great budget Strat. 

I still have the original V300 mahogany a really good blues acoustic and I back to backed it with similar martin at the time and it was easily as good if not better it has that great warm mahogany top voice for blues.

i had an AVS these are worth getting hold of they were an attempt to move the brand up a notch or two that failed I think on the fact that they were to hard to produce at the price I sold my AV3 for no money but it was a solid take on 336 style hollowed out mahogany body. They were dropped and revamped into the much more expensive fretking range. Worth finding them quality was up as was hardware wood selection fit and finish make no money 2nd hand but great working mans tool.

sound like a fanboy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    I had a Vintage VJ6 a long time ago.. i still think about it. It really was a fantastic guitar and built like a brick. Think it had all Wilkinson hardware and i got it new for under £200 i think..

I got it as a teen going through a pointy phase :) I then grew out of that pointy phase, but now in my 30's i do miss that guitar and i reckon with a couple of fairly cheap upgrades it could really be something special!
  • I have a VS6 SG copy. Really nice guitar. The pickups are particularly good. I don't play it much at the moment only because I've given it to my 10 year old son. But it's  a great guitar, and a bargain price.

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6061
    Voxman said:

Went to a garden party....

• gubblegubble Frets: 1746
    Plectrum said:
    Aren't some of these guitars sold under the Vintage name also sold at little more than half the price by Thomann under their Harley Benton brand name? For example, aren't the Vintage V100AFD Paradise and the Harley Benton SC-550 Paradise Amber Flame pretty much the same guitar? 

No although some may be made in the same factory. I think the QC on Vintage stuff is higher than on HB. They both represent great value and can easily give an Epiphone a run for its money.

I own a V100 Paradise and have had it in the same room as the Harley Benton equivalent. The Vintage was much better guitar in my opinion.

My V100 has been with me for around 5 years and done hundreds of gigs. Only last week I upgraded to a Gibson which is a better guitar than the vintage, but the Vintage is still a cracking instrument.

• rossirossi Frets: 1703
    some have

Some have Wilkingson pickups ,the cheaper versions often but Vintage have Wilkingson Tuners ,better pickups and trems and bits and bobs that are  are good quality as well as Trevs better pickups sometimes  .It makes Vintage a known quality package ./not top quality but it all does its job and works .
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3024
    edited September 2017
    Surprising no one has mentioned the V100 lemon drop, based on Peter Green's Les Paul, it's highly regarded by some, including Dave Simpson who makes it sound awesome. I want one! 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited September 2017
    Surprising no one has mentioned the V100 lemon drop, based on Peter Green's Les Paul, it's highly regarded by some, including Dave Simpson who makes it sound awesome. I want one! 
    Just been watching some vid demo's and it looks & sounds very nice - I'd go for the mint non-relic'd version and I'd also change the knobs to all caramel tops which is what Peter Green had - it was Gary Moore that used different colours. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)