Why can't I stop listening to...

...bloody tubular bells 2! 

Happens nearly every day, I whizz through my daily recommendations, pick a couple of albums or playlists I haven't heard in a while, then something clicks in my brain and makes me put the second best tubular bells album on. 

Spotify must think I've gone nuts 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72675
    It's the best Tubular Bells album - it even beats ( ;) ) Tubular Beats.

It's an utterly fantastic reworking of a classic, but less self-indulgent - especially the second half - than the original.

The sounds are otherworldy - the digital 'sparkle' is absolutely magical, and is one of the first things that really drew me to it… it has ultra-detailed highs without being harsh or 'clinical', and it makes me give it my full attention in a way few musical sounds do. His guitar sounds have never been better either - especially the ultra-compressed envelope-filtered ones which are as near to being a completely different instrument as an electric guitar can be without actually being a synth.

I spent about a year with my then-new Boss SE-70 trying to replicate a lot of them...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom