SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Ibanez RG3xxv or RG565

japan, korea, whatever... as long as its some absurd colour, has a bridge humbucker and neck single coil (sized) and nothing in the middle. 

floyd rose or edge trem prefered, not a fan of the edge zeros but dont know much about ibanez whether they even came with them ever. 

Cheers. 
https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• champ222champ222 Frets: 34
    The rg3 Will probably come with the edge zero 2 trem. Which is there lower end trem. By all accounts it's the best low end trem they've done. But the edge should be better. The edge would be on the rg565.

Good luck with the search 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • yuri_1973yuri_1973 Frets: 101
    RGR565 are hard to find ... maybe you shoukd consider also RG465 (remake of the 565 and easy to find)
  • yuri_1973 said:
    RGR565 are hard to find ... maybe you shoukd consider also RG465 (remake of the 565 and easy to find)
    thanks! I didnt know about that model, the whole ibanez names/numbers confuses the hell outta me. 

• finest1finest1 Frets: 94
    HI Chris    The RGR565 was made in 1991-92. not sure why they stopped production. I think it was the nicest looking Ibanez ever, so much so, that it took me over 25 years to get one!!  even on ebay you might be lucky to find one, just be aware of the price charged!  a few years ago Ibanez made the RG465.the difference is the original 565 was made in japan, the 465 made in korea. a simple search will bring up the differences in spec.

• Another alternative is to get a body made by perle or Mai guitars (I've dealt with Chris at mai guitars, good guy) they can make you a body with that pickup arrangement. It'll come as a nice looking wood, which you could oil or whatever, or have it painted whichever outrageous colour you like. Chris does swirls too I think. Then just add trem, neck and pickups of choice. 
  • finest1 said:
    HI Chris    The RGR565 was made in 1991-92. not sure why they stopped production. I think it was the nicest looking Ibanez ever, so much so, that it took me over 25 years to get one!!  even on ebay you might be lucky to find one, just be aware of the price charged!  a few years ago Ibanez made the RG465.the difference is the original 565 was made in japan, the 465 made in korea. a simple search will bring up the differences in spec.

I used to have the RG3XXV (i think the "latest" special edition reissue inspired) and i stupidly sold it to get a prestige RG something, that i didnt end up getting on with... 

Now I'm searching for that look and feel again, obviously the 565 japan would be the best option but seeing those prices nearly hit four figures.... wow

• type Ibanez RG565 in ebay, there are 3 for sale. obviously you will have to decide if the price is worth it
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
    Sprry to say i sold on your RG3XXV chris :(  i did love the look and feel of it but the bass wood body was a bit light weight so i replaced it will a Laguna greg howe that i grabbed on special from guitarcenter in the US

Talking of guitarcenter they have x2 Rg3XXV's in 2nd hand atm (both red) for about £300, only thing is they don't shipped 2nd stuff internationally,but if you know someone state side you could get them to ship one on for you or you could try one of the state side re-shippers.