Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Tom Hess - my experience as an ex client

What's Hot

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Anyone else misread the word "cult" in the thread title?

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26666
    @digitalscream ;
    I would hope that this thread is better than speakers corner but will obviously respect the decision.
    It's only temporary so we can review it for any potential problems coming our way; safety-first, and all that. It'll go back if the consensus is that there's no issue.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FreddieVanHalenFreddieVanHalen Frets: 954
    edited August 2017
    Anyone else misread the word **** in the thread title?
    Good point - it is quite funny to read it back but I've changed the title so that there is no misunderstanding - no I haven't changed it to that ;-)
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    "what would it be like to have my guitar plugged directly into a woman as I played"

That is funny,disturbing and ridiculous, quite a feat! 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited August 2017
    This dude sounds like a fucking knobwipe.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited August 2017
    I just looked Hess up on YouTube to see if he was actually as good as he would have us believe:

That's not just me cruelly picking up on a couple of bum notes live. That is a self-proclaimed master of the instrument, who makes his living from, evidently, bullying other people into playing like him, and yet that video betrays genuinely poor technique, not just a one-off mistake that happens to us all. And his tone sounds like a wasp in a tin can. Not impressed by this tool.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806
    Bucket said:
    This dude sounds like a fucking knobwipe.
    You may need to be more specific as to whom you mean.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7810
    Bucket said:
    I just looked him up on YouTube to see if he was actually as good as he would have us believe:

That's not just me cruelly picking up on a couple of bum notes live. That is a self-proclaimed master of the instrument, who makes his living from bullying other people into playing like him, and the video betrays genuinely poor technique, not just a one-off mistake. And his tone sounds like a wasp in a tin can. Not impressed by this tool.
    Now that guy needs to do two things. 1 pracrice more. 2 remember that music is best from the soul, not muscle memory.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7810

THIS is bullying

http://imgur.com/vboRXZM
    Haha. That is not bullying. Not even close. That's just a speculative email using a very ham fisted old fashioned sales technique of preying on insicurity. 

I hate the music business. Jam pcaked full of arse holes and charlatans pedalling false hope.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Could not give a fuck how good or not he might be, that guitar solo sex link above is hilarious 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Bucket said:
    I just looked him up on YouTube to see if he was actually as good as he would have us believe:

That's not just me cruelly picking up on a couple of bum notes live. That is a self-proclaimed master of the instrument, who makes his living from bullying other people into playing like him, and the video betrays genuinely poor technique, not just a one-off mistake. And his tone sounds like a wasp in a tin can. Not impressed by this tool.
    :lol:  love the bit at 4 seconds, like he's channeling the spirit of Nigel Tuffnell.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    I've been called a right guitarist cult before, at least I think that's what they said?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Remember those "don't get sand kicked in your face " adverts in the back of magazines, these are even better.

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    At the end of the day, it's just guitar. Can you really bully someone into taking lessons or following a guitar method? This is a new one for me!
  • I just spent a happy hour wading through his website.
    Seriously if you can be bothered to actually read through all that junk, then still have both the will to live and get guitar lessons then your doing well. It's just horrible. I'm amazed he gets any clients at all. Also a distinct lack of prices on the site.

Seriously, if I landed on that site via a google redirect, I would just be thinking scam site. It's very poor.
  • I just spent a happy hour wading through his website.
    Seriously if you can be bothered to actually read through all that junk, then still have both the will to live and get guitar lessons then your doing well. It's just horrible. I'm amazed he gets any clients at all. Also a distinct lack of prices on the site.

Seriously, if I landed on that site via a google redirect, I would just be thinking scam site. It's very poor.

Yeah. It reminds me about those twats who try to sell photoshop actions and Lightroom presets that'll "make every image stunning and professional". 

It's just a shitty way of making money from people who don't understand what those tools are. 
  • (moved back to OT, no issue here)
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I've just played that last YouTube vid whilst sat in the study, and the wife has shut herself in the kitchen. Quite apart from the obvious 'That's where women should be kept" jibes, I think it ably demonstrates the fact that she recognises a crap solo when she hears one.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I learnt to play with books and my ears. I'm glad about that 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7349
    Sounds quite interesting to be fair. I'm going to watch later because I recognise his name but I'm not sure where from.