Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

FAO Sporky / LEGO freaks / Star Wars freaks

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7467
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28423
    edited August 2017
    I was already working out if I can afford one to put by and flip later. It is cheap per piece - about 9p, where they're usually around 10p per piece for big sets.

I can't afford one to build and admire!
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    I desperately want one.... however I only just escaped my wife's wrath when I ordered and built the Lego Saturn V rocket.... she would castrate me 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11879
    It is still cheaper than getting the original on eBay, or even try to Bricklink the original.

I am going buy this but the question isn't about cost, more about where on earth where do I put it?!
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Christ, and I'm stretching myself to get the SNES classic.

I wonder if I can sell it for enough to buy this, which I can then flip to get a car  :/
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I love it and would love the time taken building it but as @RaymondLin said, where the hell do you put it?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    That's scarily tempting.
  • My missus has just got over the fact I spent £280 on the Lego ghostbusters firehouse, I think she'd actually kill me if I bought that! Saying that it is an investment right??
  • Over 2000 more pieces more than the original, bargain. News items saying it will be the biggest ever lego set although doesn't really say that on the Lego description. More pieces than the Taj Mahal though which seems to have been the biggest up to now
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I have just done a walk around with the missus to see where it could go.

It is possibly the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life, ever.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Saying that it is an investment right??
    Judging by previous models and the fact that it's the "biggest" version, it'd be hard to imagine that it won't be worth more in time to come. I'm genuinely leaning towards getting one for that reason. 

It is possibly the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life, ever.
    Pretty much, yeah. The other reason I'm thinking of getting one.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    edited September 2017
    Actually, I can't decide if this is the coolest thing I have ever seen, or the DJI Spark Drone.

Conundrum.
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    Slightly off topic, my son has 2 chests full of Lego. I am buggered if I am going to try and split back into sets, even if I had the instructions. What's best for disposal? Dreaded flea bay? Sorry to the OP for a derail
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Is the drone a Millennium Falcon?... It's a no brainer mate.
  • rsvmark said:
    Slightly off topic, my son has 2 chests full of Lego. I am buggered if I am going to try and split back into sets, even if I had the instructions. What's best for disposal? Dreaded flea bay? Sorry to the OP for a derail

Disposal? Are you joking?! 

I know a wonderful kid who loves lego. He doesn't care about sets, he just builds (nonsensical) stuff! Try selling it at a car boot or something if you want money for it (it'll sell), or give it to a charity shop. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84 said:
    No, but you can't perv on women with a falcon. 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited September 2017
    rsvmark said:
    @rsvmark me and my boys will be interested in what you have. PM me of you like. 
    beed84 said:
    No, but you can't perv on women with a falcon. 
    But you can perv on women without a drone. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmark said:
    @rsvmark ;There's a shop in Doncaster that buys and sells Lego you could try them.

http://brickin.it/

• FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    rsvmark said:
    @rsvmark ;There's a shop in Doncaster that buys and sells Lego you could try them.

http://brickin.it/

I know people who would be over the moon to sort it out into different sets for free - they did it with my childhood lego.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    My missus has just got over the fact I spent £280 on the Lego ghostbusters firehouse, I think she'd actually kill me if I bought that! Saying that it is an investment right??
    @jamiexsilver For a spot of balance, my recently-divorced mate has a lovely new g/f who gave him that (the Firehouse) for his birthday. He said it was the coolest present a partner had ever given him, I was so made up for him when I found out they were an item. :love:

I might have to get two of these (UCS Millenium Falcons). I'm not having a Lego set in the house that doesn't get built. Come to think of it, another mate, recently re-married, got the Technic Porsche set off his new missus. To go with the real thing that they got this last year on a factory-collection deal. That's also a pretty funky set, though their real thing ain't orange.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom