UK based cable makers? Looking for someone to build me a loom/snake

What's Hot
I was thinking about Rob at Kabl but Kabl doesn't seem to really exist anymore?

Is there anyone else around? I had VDC make me one a few years back but I don't love the way their cables sound. I basically just need three 25 foot cables in a mesh webbing type deal. I have three cables currently cable tied together but they still manage to tangle and it's hassle. 

Any recommendations?

Thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Award Session are good and fast too.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30945

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30306
    Doesn't Rob still take on custom jobs?
  • If you've already got the cables, could you get some mesh and do it yourself?  Something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=braided+sleeving

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Bedford Audio.
  • Award Session are good and fast too.
    Looks like they use Van Dam cable?
  • TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 188
    Ask the guy at designacable.com
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    There was a similar thread in a touring crew forum a few days ago and Dean at Bedford Audio was the almost unanimous recommendation. His stuff certainly looks top notch. Slotting three guitar cables into some braided sleeving is certainly doable as a DIY job though, there's some cheap UK based suppliers on eBay.

• mike257 said:
    Slotting three guitar cables into some braided sleeving is certainly doable as a DIY job though, there's some cheap UK based suppliers on eBay.

Yep. Bear in mind that you need to over-estimate how much sleeving you need. As it expands it gets slightly shorter. I bought 20m of sleeving to use with some 20m cables and the sleeving is about 1m shorter than the cables, if not a little more.

It was a slightly fiddly job, but not exactly mentally taxing. You could quite easily do it in the time it takes to watch Eastenders.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• i use cable ties and mine never tangle, i have them about 6 inches apart and it turns into one big snake...

• BodBod Frets: 1322
    i use cable ties and mine never tangle, i have them about 6 inches apart and it turns into one big snake...
    I steer clear of cable ties.  If you trim them they can be really sharp.  I've sliced myself many times while working in network cabinets.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bod said:
    i use cable ties and mine never tangle, i have them about 6 inches apart and it turns into one big snake...
    I steer clear of cable ties.  If you trim them they can be really sharp.  I've sliced myself many times while working in network cabinets.

I'm not sure where they came from but I've seen cable ties with small plastic pieces on them that you can tuck the excess under, the same way you would use the loops on trousers when wearing a belt. 
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    mike257 said:
    Slotting three guitar cables into some braided sleeving is certainly doable as a DIY job though, there's some cheap UK based suppliers on eBay.

Yep. Bear in mind that you need to over-estimate how much sleeving you need. As it expands it gets slightly shorter. I bought 20m of sleeving to use with some 20m cables and the sleeving is about 1m shorter than the cables, if not a little more.

It was a slightly fiddly job, but not exactly mentally taxing. You could quite easily do it in the time it takes to watch Eastenders.
    That said, you probably want a bit of loose cable at either end to be able to maneuver the ends where you want them on your board/around your amp.