Metro Amps zero loss fx loop

What's Hot
JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
Anyone any experience with these and in particular retrofitting in older Marshall's ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1634

No but the installation looks pretty straightforward and the pictures are very clear and a most professional job IMO.

I wonder what B's would say if someone wanted one fitted to an Artisan??!

Dave.

• cosmiccarrotcosmiccarrot Frets: 91
    edited February 2014
    Great fx loops, Friedman uses them in all of his amps. I've got one taken from my 100watter if you fancy having a dabble. The downside is you'll have to drill a hole in the back of the chassis and use one of your speaker outs, so I'd have a think if your marshall is in good nick.
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader

It's excellent. I use it as standard now when doing an amp with a loop.

I buy the PCBs direct from Steve Miller (who designed it) but the Metro kit is pretty fool proof, with clear instructions. You don't need to use a speaker out, but you will need to drill 3 holes.

• JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    Martin - please pm me with ball park figure for supplying n installing
    tFB Trader
    JMP220478 said:
    Martin - please pm me with ball park figure for supplying n installing
    Done. Wasn't touting for business BTW, assumed you were DIY-ing! :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • longjawlongjaw Frets: 423
    Wonder if one of these would work well in a Blackstar Artisan 15?
  • cosmiccarrotcosmiccarrot Frets: 91
    edited March 2014
    Sorry to stick my nose in here but... JMP220478, before you set to drilling the chassis (or Martin) is it worth looking at the option of an external fit to save damaging the '78 jmp? A few people have fitted these in an external case, then you could use the other spk out as a multi pin fitting to connect back into the amp circuit? May be drop Steve a line and see if he has any recommendations for how to connect back in. It would help to keep the original amp in tact in years to come? just a thought.

http://home.comcast.net/~mamp17/index.html
    tFB Trader
    Sorry to stick my nose in here but... JMP220478, before you set to drilling the chassis (or Martin) is it worth looking at the option of an external fit to save damaging the '78 jmp? A few people have fitted these in an external case, then you could use the other spk out as a multi pin fitting to connect back into the amp circuit?

Bear in mind that if you took this approach you'd need to provide a high voltage DC power supply for the board, either from the amp (not a great idea and would also need a suitable connection) or generated inside the external box (which means mains power).

I wouldn't have though fitting a well regarded effects loop to a 78 JMP would devalue the amp much, if at all, and it's not as if they are rare.

• Okey, dokey, sorry for butting in.
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    @cosmic / thanks for suggestion - I'm considering all options - if it was cosmetically transparent then it would be a no brainer for me re internal installation but as it stands I'm divided in thought . Do I sell asis , mod and be happy or use in a wet dry configuration with power amp n stereo cab running dry n wet to individual speakers

@ Martin / I appreciate advice and know you weren't touting for business

Cheers

Phil
  • If the amp is a keeper, I wouldn't worry.

Like Martin said, it's a well regarded loop (from other's thoughts, never tried one). Surely if you love the amp, but need a loop, you wouldn't sell it anyway?