Neo ventilator 2 vs mini Vent 2? Anyone compared?

lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
I have the ventilator and require some extra space on my pedalboard; the mini Vent 2 would help and retains the important options included on the ventilator 2 such as speed and distance (blend). Anyone had the chance to compare before I buy?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    It appears only the ventilator has the blend option where the left half of the pot controls blend and the rhs controls the mic distance. This would limit any SRV wet/dry blend in one amp with the Vent. Ramp speed is also absent; a shame since ramping is all part of the Leslie's glory. My Leslie 16 ramp speed is a lot slower than the default. 
    Anyone tried the mini vent?
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    The Ventilator 2 is a lovely sounding bit of kit with a few annoying features: 
    1: it's huge, 2: the remote footswitch can't put it in bypass only stop and fast / slow, 3: the overload light comes on really easily even in high headroom mode, 4: it's not true stereo, when the effect is on it just uses the right input.

I've also got the original mini vent and that sounds great too.
    normula1 said:
    The Ventilator 2 is a lovely sounding bit of kit with a few annoying features: 
    1: it's huge, 2: the remote footswitch can't put it in bypass only stop and fast / slow, 3: the overload light comes on really easily even in high headroom mode, 4: it's not true stereo, when the effect is on it just uses the right input.

I've also got the original mini vent and that sounds great too.
    I tested my ventilator 2 with 2 amps and heard a full stereo. How do you mean it just uses the right input?
    so if you have a stereo delay in front of it set to do ping pong. as soon as you turn the Ventilator 2 on, you lose the left channel ping and just get the pong but with lovely stereo leslie. So what I've done is to put the Ventilator 2 before the TC GMajor 2 I use for "loop" effects as that is true stereo. At some point I'm going to put them in parallel via a mixer, but need to add some more loops to my FX switcher so I can mute the send to the Ventilator 2 when it's not in use.
     that's a terrible flaw!
    i have a pedal with two outputs (clean and driven) that I could use to test if mine does the same. 
    IIRC, it's mentioned in the manual.