Richtone Music: just missed!

What's Hot
imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3750
edited September 2017 in Guitar
<rant>Does anybody else find their website infuriating? Tantamount to click-bait, they leave all manner of shite on there just to get you looking. The irony is, I get fed up looking for things that are genuinely in stock!

Just missed? Yeah, by just a year or so.

Tossers.

</rant>
Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yeah that definitely makes them tossers 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I just ordered my Helix from them...its on a 'pre order' which I translate means we take your money/order then we will order one in then we're not shelling out money to hold stock. Its a common one of the 'tricks of of the trade' these days I believe loads of businesses operate this way. It solves cash flow problems from paying out to hold a ton of stock that might sit in store/on shelves for weeks or months. In my case with the Helix as long as they stick to their 3-7days dispatch i'll be happy. And for the bargain price I got it for well - its worth a short wait.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    I've come across this too tbh. There may be 2 items in stock on page 1 followed by 3 pages of "just missed".

Tbf, a lot of websites have a similar issue which you only find out once you go into the product itself. 

Ar keast you know it's out of stock BEFORE you click on it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7326
    I thought just missed was for second hand items that had been bought? Why they don't just delete the page I've no idea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I suppose it encourages you to keep checking back in to the site to grab a similar bargain.

• DefaultM said:
    I thought just missed was for second hand items that had been bought? Why they don't just delete the page I've no idea.
    As @streethawk said. It's just a cheap way of bumping them up the search rankings, I imagine. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    I think on the 2nd hand pages it's a good reference to get an idea of used market value. 

On the new gear pages I think it's good for eye candy, if nothing else. They always seem to have a good turnaround of stock
  • Had a few uses items from RT and always good service, I prefer using them via eBay rather than the website. 
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Yeah, in fairness to Richtone, they price their used gear much more competitively than the majority of established guitar shops, I quite often see good used deals come up on their eBay site.
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    as long as they keep the sold items at the end of the listings, after the available ones (as they do), it's fine with me  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    NPP said:
    as long as they keep the sold items at the end of the listings, after the available ones (as they do), it's fine with me  
    +1.  Just looked, and there's 8 pages of gear before you go into 'just missed' territory.  Generally, their used prices are pretty fair but there are some exceptions on low-cost items eg Behringer Spectrum Enhancer (used) £14.99 - DV247 selling it brand new for £12.90, Fender gig bag £19 (used) - £19 new from Gear4Music. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Jack_ said:
    Yeah, in fairness to Richtone, they price their used gear much more competitively than the majority of established guitar shops, I quite often see good used deals come up on their eBay site.
    Their prices may be good but they won't post half of the items 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom