Mobile Phone - best camera - tip required - Mac or Samsung

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14309
in Off Topic tFB Trader
time to upgrade/change mobile - currently have an old Samsung Galaxy 4 so looking at either Apple or Samsung - I don't do apps, down loads, games etc so largely just need the phone

However - whilst my web site pics are taken with a reasonable camera set up etc, occasionally I need to take additional pics, (without having to set up all my web site gear) so effectively what I need to know is which mobile delivers the best pics that I can take quickly then SMS/text to customer as required - Plus sometimes as a 'family snap camera
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have an iPhone 6S and I have to admit I'm not bowled over by the camera, especially in a not optimum light setting.  I hear the Plus versions have a better camera, with the iPhone 7 plus has a telephoto lens?  Here's a pretty decent review of the iPhone 7 Plus camera:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    edited September 2017
    If you don't use apps and just need phone and camera, don't go for Iphone or samsung. Look at other cheaper options with better cameras such as the Huawei P10.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12389
    The camera on the iPhone 7 is really good, but it'll cost you a fair bit. Probably worth waiting until the 8 is announced then the price will drop a bit. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RickydRickyd Frets: 149
    I'm not a lover of the "all things Apple" so I use Samsung, and both my last phone, and current Galaxy A3, knock my wifes iPhone pics into a cocked hat.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I haven't used a Samsung in anger but the camera in he iPhone 7 is genuinely phenomenal for a phone. 

Wait 2 weeks and it'll have a price drop
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom