Headphone Amps

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RockerRocker Frets: 4983
    I have a Rega headphone amplifier that takes the analogue signal [R&L] from my Sonus Connect box.  I use it when listening to music on the Superlux cans.  The Rega has a 24 volt PSU so it is not portable but the sound is good.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Buy a rack tray and mount it on there 
    My rack angles backwards, a tray with it sat on top won't help. I'm not aware or any rack kits for just one HP4, plus that puts the power cable in an even worse position than the rear mount on the rack unit. 

Mounting it to a rack shelf without a kit will be easy if you're not lazy about or terrified of diy.
  • Well I am lazy, plus I can see the rear cable being a pain on a racked HP4 - the switch is on the cable itself, kind of like a lamp would have, I've managed to accidentally unplug it a few times when the cable was hanging off the back of my desk by trying to do it one handed.

I don't actually know why Presonus keep putting power switches at the rear - their rack headphone amp has a rear power switch too, but at least it's a rocker switch and not something attached to the power lead like on the HP4
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Well I am lazy, plus I can see the rear cable being a pain on a racked HP4 - the switch is on the cable itself, kind of like a lamp would have, I've managed to accidentally unplug it a few times when the cable was hanging off the back of my desk by trying to do it one handed.

I don't actually know why Presonus keep putting power switches at the rear - their rack headphone amp has a rear power switch too, but at least it's a rocker switch and not something attached to the power lead like on the HP4
    I have all my rack gear on one socket via a rack power strip, just turn that off?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview