SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTD Gibson J45 or other smaller bodied Gibson

What's Hot
Hi All,

Looking to get a smaller bodied gibson ideally a J45. I'd say max price would be £2500.

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Calling @camf!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stuartryanmusicstuartryanmusic Frets: 172
    edited September 2017
    I'm about to list a J35 Collector's Edition - Adirondack Top, LR Baggs pickup, great condition. Only selling as I've fallen in love with an Advanced Jumbo Supreme Vintage! Will sort pics tomorrow, asking £1400 and based in Bath but do travel. In lieu of pics it's this exact guitar - 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Here I am!
  • Cheers @badlydrawnbanjo !! @camf I've messaged Stuart about his as the Collectors Edition is a model that interests me, I'd like to try your J45 as I'm totally aware that every guitar is different.. so yours could be perfect for me! I'm in Glasgow next wed and thurs (most likely going to be free thursday) if you're about? and I should be able to travel over to Edinburgh. Let me know. Cheers
  • Nice one! I have a 2005 and it's the only guitar I will never sell. My advice would to be get one as old as possible as these just get better as the wood ages. 
    That should be fine. I'll definitely be in Edinburgh but I might be able to make it through to Glasgow but that's not definite. It would be nice to meet up anyway.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72369
    Not quite in the same league as Stuart's or even Cam's J45, but if you're in Glasgow there's a standard J35 in Strung Out Guitars for £1,099 which might happen to be mine… :)

Natural finish and factory-fitted LR Baggs Element pickup. I'll be honest and say that if you can afford the Collector's Edition it is a better guitar though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @camf did I buy my Falcon off you, about 8 years ago?
    Sadly not... I've never owned a Gretsch. A situation I feel needs urgently addressed. ;) 

• PM'd! As everyone says these guitars just get better with age!
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited September 2017
    camf said:
    Sadly not... I've never owned a Gretsch. A situation I feel needs urgently addressed.  

Srsly?  Two people on here/intermusic called Cam F from Edinburgh? That's funny.   

Pity you're not him, because we had a good trade. 
    I think we might have a trade but not a Falcon. If not, I'm sure we did discuss a trade. I think I am the only Cam F on here, though. I'm getting old but I think I'd have remembered having a Gretsch Falcon. If we did, I'm amazed I don't remember it. I'll try and check through my old PMs. 

Cam f
    Nope! Nothing in my pms, and I think I was mixing you up with Giutarhippy. But truthfully, all my trades on here have been really good (I think!)

• Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited September 2017
    This was back in 2008.  Around the same time, I spent some weeks at a guitar camp with @stuartryanmusic.  He's a lovely boy and when he's drunk, can play all the Megadeth solos.  I'd buy a guitar off him.

Nah! No me.