World Guitar Gibson LP builder

What's Hot
webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
edited September 2017 in Guitar
As if World Guitars was not dangerous enough to your wallet - they now have a mini site where you can spec your own CS Gibson LP:

http://m2m.worldguitars.co.uk/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• "Prices start from £4,071" 

Kabams new Catalyst Premenium Card
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Arktik83 said:
    "Prices start from £4,071"
    I think the likelihood of them quoting you £4K for a custom shop Gibson LP is very small too :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Arktik83 said:
    I think the likelihood of them quoting you £4K for a custom shop Gibson LP is very small too :)
    There's no way I'd pay any more than £4070.99 for ANY Les Paul... #DealBreaker
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Torture. Knowing I could never afford it... 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5447
    Funfact: GV stands for "Guitar Village" in the serial number. GV had the exclusive on this programme until they dumped Gibson as a brand after the 2015 shambles. 

WG is the place for it for sure but the M2M thing is meant to be much more custom than it was now - looking at examples on Gibson's social channels I can't help but feeling this simple box-ticking exercise (with restricted use of tops against model years at that) is all a bit weak. 
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    Arktik83 said:
    There's no way I'd pay any more than £4070.99 for ANY Les Paul... #DealBreaker
    That's the price for a 2019 Les Paul studio. 
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm curious as to what the difference between the 58, 59 and 60 models are apart from the neck profiles? 
  • I'm curious as to what the difference between the 58, 59 and 60 models are apart from the neck profiles? 
    Presumably 1
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6841
    edited September 2017 tFB Trader
    There was a 'made to measure' R4 on eBay recently with a very 'marmite' flame top, obviously someone's idea of a dream guitar.....until it arrived....one of the easiest ways to waste £5k IMO.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    I think, in all seriousness, this may be a nice "option" for someone with money. But as far as dentists guitars go PRS haven't a patch on what's on offer here. 
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Or go to Feline and buy a Lion special and get 10x the guitar for half/third the price 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283

^ this

If I were to ever replace my old LP Special, it would be with a Feline - the one Feline I have is simply astonishing

• kjdowd said:
    Or go to Feline and buy a Lion special and get 10x the guitar for half/third the price 
    I agree, I went that route rather than Gibson CS and mine is amazing!

I do wonder who are buying Gibson CS at the prices they are at now?
    peteri said:

the one Feline I have is simply astonishing

^ never a truer word spoken (well okay written) :)
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited September 2017
    But it's not a true Custom Shop in the sense of the word as you cannot spec Fretwire. So waste of time.

if I had that money, it's @FelineGuitars and I know I ll get exactly what I want. Why can't the worlds second largest guitar company sell me a guitar with 6100 Fretwire?
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11626
    tFB Trader
    jeztone2 said:
    But it's not a true Custom Shop in the sense of the word as you cannot spec Fretwire. So waste of time.

if I had that money, it's @FelineGuitars and I know I ll get exactly what I want. Why can't the worlds second largest guitar company sell me a guitar with 6100 Fretwire?
    Or even Dunlop 6000 or the Jescar equivalent.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    edited September 2017
    jeztone2 said:

Agree, it pretty much not a full custom, can you imagine what Gibson would charge you for that though!

If you compare this to something like Jonathan's service @FelineGuitars its night and day, but them again being able to pick up the phone and thrash out the details of something you are getting built is an amazing service by any standard!

The Gibson thing also still seems to be aimed at chasing the 59 thing too, what if I want a LP with active pickups to play metal on and just happen to want a LP shape guitar - pretty much my Gibson CS experience and why I went to Feline for mine in the first place :)
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14567
    edited September 2017
    I could not help noticing that their glass display cabinet included a pair of HarrySeven signature detached headstocks.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.