Anyone got an Earvana on their Fender?

What's Hot
I'm thinking about getting one, but can't see anything on the site about fitting one. Is it as simple as doing a normal nut or is there some woodwork that needs to be done?

Cheers all ;-)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Doesnt @FelineGuitars fit these as standard on their guitars, im sure Jonathan? will be along shortly......

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33836
    edited September 2017
    I've had them on guitars
     before- they do the job.
    I prefer Buzz Feiten tuning system though and have that on my Andersons.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11626
    tFB Trader
    Yes, I fit them and love them.
    They aren't terribly hard to fit - but only if you consider fitting a new nut from scratch is something you can do.
    It is important to cut the string slots properly to height once the nut is installed to get the benefit from it(this is true for any nut though)

I did start making some videos but should really make another couple of clips for the shelf nut versions too, especially as they are a simpler instal.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Not on Fenders but I have 2 of them on my Les Paul's. They are really good, notes up to the fifth fret are more in tune and it just sounds better.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10642
    edited September 2017 tFB Trader
    I have one on my pickup demo guitar (put together by Feline) ... it's a fender style ... Jonathan fitted the nut ... so I can't comment on how easy it is to fit ... but by god is it good, it's the most 'in tune' guitar I play. 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    @FelineGuitars  put one on my Kotzen Telecaster. It actually has made it sound more Tele like if that makes sense. 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4992
    I fitted one, and not very well either, on my Squier Tele and it improved the in tune sound of the guitar.  It is a long way behind the BFTS on my Anderson as @octatonic reported above.  It is a relatively straight forward job for a guitar tech to do and is worthwhile IMHO.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Cheers for all the comments here. I've contacted Jonathan and will place an order.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30306
    I've never played in tune before and by God I'm not about to start now.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Sassafras said:
    I've never played in tune before and by God I'm not about to start now.
    Amen to that brudder. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• To me the biggest pain in the arse is getting the old nut out.Go carefully and very slowly.