Les paul Classic 2015

What's Hot
I have never played a les paul but have a prs singlecut which i love, i've got my beady eye on a 2015 classic....any good or shite? what price should they be going for?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Gauge any recent Gibson on its individual merits. Unless your PRS is a 594, the Gibson scale length will feel different. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    About £900.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I would suggest trying one out before buying as many people couldn't get on with the wider neck. If you can get on with that and the robot tuners you should be able to pick one up at a fair price. Scour eBay for price points.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    edited September 2017

so so long as you are aware it's got a wider fretboard, G force robot tuners and the 'zero' nut, not to mention the aesthetic deformities...erm..I mean....appointments?...then as said above, judge it on it's own merits! 

There were a few limited runs that were actually more 'classic' in 2015 so maybe it's one of them! 

If you've never played a Les Paul, and you want one that is quintessentially what a Les Paul is, then the one year I wouldn't look at is 2015. Saying that, you may prefer it but I'd also try a new one in a store to see if you prefer it the right...sorry there I go again....erm...traditional?..way! 

;-) 

• I'm well used to the wide fat neck on my singlecut so that 'shouldn't' be a problem, like i said, i have never played an LP so i have no yardstick, only my prs. yeah i'll have to try it and see.

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I'm well used to the wide fat neck on my singlecut so that 'shouldn't' be a problem, like i said, i have never played an LP so i have no yardstick, only my prs. yeah i'll have to try it and see.

It will feel considerably wider than your PRS (that's assuming this LP isn't one of the limited runs from the year where they dropped the wide neck)

That said I love my wide necked, robot tuner equipped, creepy hologrammed, child auto graphed 2015 junior
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The neck will feel a bit wider than your PRS, but I would expect you will quickly get used to it. It may feel a little heavier than your PRS, but it depends whether your PRS has any weight relief. Whilst the 2015 Gibsons polarise opinions, I like them. Worth trying out to decide if will work for you.
  • mortmort Frets: 719
    +1 for 2015 Gibson, I have a junior and standard. The neck width doesn't take long to adjust to and it's great once you're used to it. I also love the convenience of the tuners and now resent having to tune my others manually! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom