Bass Guitar Straps

What's Hot
My son is learning bass - say learning, he's only been playing since Feb and he's already slapping the arse out it  :o

Can anyone recommend a decent material (not leather) strap.  Something middle of the road price-wise..
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I use a Mono strap. Love it. Grippy, padded and comfy. Not cheap but you know what they say... buy in haste, repent at leisure
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Neotech Mega Bass Strap.

Made out of neoprene stuff. Very comfy, I won't use anything else now. 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6097
    Neotech Mega Bass Strap.

They look great. 10pounder incoming and I'm a bit concerned how I'll deal with it, this could be the. answer.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Get one with plenty of holes.
    Mark King must  surely regret buying a non adjustable strap. Selling a bass with teeth marks on the upper bout is just a magnet for all the low ballers.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWynd said:
    Neotech Mega Bass Strap.

They look great. 10pounder incoming and I'm a bit concerned how I'll deal with it, this could be the. answer.
    -genuinely one of the best bits of kit I've ever bought.

I used to have a five string Yamaha that sounded godly but had the weight to match. The Neotech somehow made it feel lighter which must break some physical law somehow.

I bought another one for my "normal" guitar and I'm sad enough to consider buying some spares to keep in the cupboard, just in case they ever stop making them :-D
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3319

I use a Mono strap. Love it. Grippy, padded and comfy. Not cheap but you know what they say... buy in haste, repent at leisure

@Bridgehouse - which one do you use? The M80 wide strap (regular) or The Betty? Apart from comfort, do these offer "perceived" weight relief?