SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD!! Carr The Bloke for sale: Elsinore speaker, excellent condition, epic tone...rare! £1049

dcgdcg Frets: 236
edited September 2017 in Amps £
OK: here is a truly great amp, the legendary Carr The Bloke - early serial number.  

Much more than a US take on a compact Marshall, and very versatile (I've used it for country and soul...).  Twin EL34s, two channels; high and low gain settings; loud, but not stupidly so at all.  Excellent condition, thick padded cover (which, in the interests of disclosure, says Egnater on the back), footswitch, connecting cable.  UK voltage.

Cash on collection in central London preferred, although I'm prepared to drive 50 miles without charge to do a handover in person.  A really great amp; only selling because I'm downsizing the gear collection (yes, I'm an ampaholic)...

https://imgur.com/a/4Z6cl

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TrudeTrude Frets: 916
    Can't view those pics on my phone. Photobucket is the work of Satan... 
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • dcgdcg Frets: 236
    Apologies, but all the pics appear on the website when viewed via Fretboard log in...will try another approach!
  • Tried one of these a while back and was blown away. Refresh my memory if you will, I can remember the amazing overdriven tones but what's the clean headroom like? Cheers.
    There is clean headroom up to around 10 o'clock, and if you back off on the guitar volume pot/s, some good way after that.  This is not a big buzzy amp at all; the demo on YouTube (where Keef's finest riffs are dusted off by Mark at Coda) is a good indicator.  It can of course overdrive with the best of them too - but all in the best possible taste.  Although, to give you some idea of its versatility, I've mostly been using it for country and Southern soul...with a Tele or a Les Paul, it simply sounds full of quality.
    Will of course haggle on the price...keen to sell to support my GAS crowdfunding initiative. 
  •  Its a great amp, that's for sure. My main concern is that it would be too loud for my tinnitus ridden lugholes. Without intending on being a tyre kicker, have you ever run it on the optional 6V6s? Also, how is it as a pedal platform? Cheers.
    I have tinnitus too.  Great, isn't it...  I have never run it in 6V6s, although hovered over various multimeter sales thinking I would rebias it for 6V6s (actually, my fave valve).  If you take it to 18 watts, I presume it's then in the tweed Deluxe/Princeton area.  

This is quite a loud amp, but really not stupid loud, unlike the various Boogies I have had (which I think prompted the tinnitus); I play it all the time in our flat, and you can get a very satisfying sound from it at decent, non-seismic volumes.  Re pedals; it is excellent for taking pedals, and I ran my Ego Compressor-Prince of Tone/Beano Boost-Recino-Flint board into all the time.  Sounded great. 
  • Yep, I had a Boogie Mk2b which I'm sure kicked it all off for me! That and the other guitarist in the band at the time also having a mk3. Levelled a few pubs between us...

I really like the amp, sounds great from memory and has the 6V6 option too. I'd need to firstly sell my Tokai SG and secondly figure out if I could live without a super clean amp before I could make a serious offer. Thanks for the info, much appreciated. If the stars align I'll be in touch. Cheers.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16252
    Been there ,done that
    It is a great amp and can have huge lead tone
     I actually found it pretty loud but It may interest you to know that I had mine running into a cheap Dr Z brake- light attenuator and the sound was fantastic half -cranked 
    Plenty of clean headroom at real sound level unless you are playing  large venues with silly drummers
    in any event a speaker change to a Gold will give it a lot more clean efficiency anyway
  • Dominic said:
    Been there ,done that
    It is a great amp and can have huge lead tone
     I actually found it pretty loud but It may interest you to know that I had mine running into a cheap Dr Z brake- light attenuator and the sound was fantastic half -cranked 
    Plenty of clean headroom at real sound level unless you are playing  large venues with silly drummers
    in any event a speaker change to a Gold will give it a lot more clean efficiency anyway
    Interesting points. The cogs are whirring round in my head even more than before now!
    bump, and price reduction...worth every penny.  Audaciously toneful.
  • PM'd.
  • PM'd, again.
    Responded!
    Thanks to Phil for a great transaction.  A wonderful and much underrated amp; enjoy!
  • Nice to meet you Dave, really pleased with the amp. Cheers!