Epiphone les Pauls - prophecy, Zakk Wylde, custom pro, unsung, opinions please !

What's Hot
i must admit to being a total brand snob , but I'm on a budget and willing to be open minded !

my main (and only) squeeze is 1990 les Paul custom . I plug into a jcm800 and a boss sd1 and those are the kinds of sounds I like !

theres loads of epiphone for sale near me at the moment .

a prophecy gx (loaded with Gibson pickups)
a Zakk Wylde buzz saw 
a Zakk Wylde camo
a White les Paul custom pro 
a flame top "unsung " factory les Paul standard . 

i was wanting to know what people's opinions of these guitars are .
any good ?
any to watch out for ?
any worth a test drive ?
any likely to change my mind about budget guitars ?!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MattPMattP Frets: 252
    Try and find a Bjorn Gelotte signature if you can. Its a traditional LPC (apart from the headstock inlay) with an ebony board, and the emgs are an easy swap of you don't like them.

I bought one recently and love it - and I have quite a few Gibson Les Paul's, including two customs. Its really nice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got an Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro, see the little picture - that's me and it!

I also have the Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded, and the Epi is pretty comparable.  It probably isn't quite as playable cos of the Glossy neck, but if anything, it sounds a bit better!

I'm very fond of it.  There is a lot of brand snobbery against Epiphone, but its a good guitar.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • I had an Epiphone Zakk (Camo) and it was an extremely good guitar - apart from the looks but that's all preference based anyway. It was extremely well put together and the EMG HZ pickups were actually pretty good! I'd probably prefer those over the active EMG 81 85's.

Chunky neck if I remember correctly!
  • Epiphone tribute plus are fantastic 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom