Creating a Loop

What's Hot
Hi... I'm unsure exactly where I should post this... I'm looking to create backing tracks with just drum and rhythm guitar tracks so that I can use them at home to improvise over. How would you recommend I go about doing this? Would you use either a drum machine/looper pedal or maybe piece of software on your Pc or Mac? I'm a complete novice when it comes to this sort of thing so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I think the simplest solution is to pick up one of the first-generation Digitech Trios.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • Plectrum said:
    I think the simplest solution is to pick up one of the first-generation Digitech Trios.
    Thanks for the reply. Looks like a very clever little tool for practice. Any reason as to why the first generation in particular?
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    I'm curious about this too @Plectrum , I've got a 1st gen trio (which is awesome) and all I hear is people raving about the trio+ :) Just wondering why you say 1st gen?
  • Boss RC-2 is a looper that has a very simple drum machine built into it. 

Depends how complex you need the drums to be really. 

• Plectrum said:
    I think the simplest solution is to pick up one of the first-generation Digitech Trios.
    Thanks for the reply. Looks like a very clever little tool for practice. Any reason as to why the first generation in particular?
    I'd say if you've got the £200 odd quid spare then get a plus. They're incredible. On the other hand the basic trio is apparently pretty good, albeit minus the looper. There was a trio+ for sale on here for £140 yesterday...

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    For practice I just put the tracks onto my mobile phone or mp3 player and then run that directly into my Helix, or mix the 2 together through a small mixing console.
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    There's also a Trio and a Ditto in the classifieds ;) 
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Plectrum said:

Simply because you should be able to pick one up quite cheaply. The Trio+, which is its successor, is a vast improvement IMHO (I have one and use it live sometimes) but they're over £200 new and you may struggle to find a used one. But if you're happy to spend that sort of money then the Trio+ will enable you to create much more sophisticated backing tracks.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.