SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Brize's Big Blowout - Gibson Electrics (ALL SOLD)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5630
    All of the Gibson electrics are now sold - thanks to all for your interest and nice comments. I've deleted the pictures from Imgur so have tidied up the original post to remove broken image links.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23004
    Wow, that was quick!  Really quick.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    One observation is that, if you're selling a load of gear, people tend to be less concerned that you're trying to offload a lemon. I've had good interest in most of the guitars I've listed for sale so we'll see what's left by the end of the week.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23004
    Brize said:
    Philly_Q said:
    One observation is that, if you're selling a load of gear, people tend to be less concerned that you're trying to offload a lemon. 
    That's a good tip.  If I ever get round to having a clearout I'll try to do a lot at once and group by brand/type.  I can't match your pictures, though.  Or your guitars, come to think of it...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5055
    edited September 2017
    Nice one. Pity we can't look at the pics any more though...!

Out of interest, were they all sold through this forum or elsewhere? Thanks.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    edited September 2017

No, elsewhere and most went to one buyer.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Brize said:

No, elsewhere and most went to one buyer.
    I'm sure they'll reappear on a website near you soon :) But if anyone needs a lesson in how to sell guitars, @Brize just gave us a masterclass!
    Chalky said:

I'm sure they'll reappear on a website near you soon But if anyone needs a lesson in how to sell guitars, @Brize just gave us a masterclass!
    Ha! Thanks for your kind words.

Another observation: whatever the frustrations of eBay, nothing beats it in terms of exposure.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Agreed. Although be wary of suggesting cash in hand deals via messages on eBay - they gave me a warning for doing so. But there is nothing stopping you from giving a phone number for a friendly chat.....
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80
    monoamine said:
    Agreed. Although be wary of suggesting cash in hand deals via messages on eBay - they gave me a warning for doing so. But there is nothing stopping you from giving a phone number for a friendly chat.....
    Yep, already had the obligatory eBay warning after someone tried to message me with their phone number.
  • Or alternatively you can link to the fretboard in your eBay auction blurb... And you can post whatever you want here ;)
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80
  • Put the prices back in.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2017
    Put the prices back in.....
    There doesn't seem much point because they were bought as a job lot so the asking prices bear no relation to what was actually paid. Happy to do it, though.

Edit: Done
  • Now the prices are there next  can we go back in time to allow me to see this when you posted so I can buy the 345? Thank you kindly. 
    Now the prices are there next  can we go back in time to allow me to see this when you posted so I can buy the 345? Thank you kindly. 
    Which method would you prefer?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Always with the flux capacitor man 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Brize said: They were bought as a job lot so the asking prices bear no relation to what was actually paid. 
    You didn't give him a discount did ya?!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/