Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

That new Slash Firebird

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBM said:
    This reminds me of some time in the late 80s when I phoned up about a '64 Firebird which was listed in the Edinburgh Advertiser (remember when people used to sell gear that way?)…

Seller: "Yes, it's a great guitar, it used to belong to Bruce Watson of Big Country… he had Jimmy Moon fit it with a Kahler and two Seymour Duncan JBs".

Me: "Oh. Bye."
    You were after EMG 81/85's and a Floyd Rose I imagine? 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    With the exception of a Mockingbird, no one wants to see Slash play anything but a Les Paul. If he's gonna toy around with his image, he might as well get a short back and sides and trade his top hat for a trilby.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10487
    edited September 2017 tFB Trader
    beed84 said:
    With the exception of a Mockingbird, no one wants to see Slash play anything but a Les Paul. If he's gonna toy around with his image, he might as well get a short back and sides and trade his top hat for a trilby.
    I rather like that idea ... or a bowler and pinstripe ... less Guns and Roses, more Fisticuffs and Chrysanthemums
      :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader
    miserneil said:
    "Nurse, Rabs's out of bed again and not been talking his anti-Gibson pills...."

Wibble......

:)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3297
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    This reminds me of some time in the late 80s when I phoned up about a '64 Firebird which was listed in the Edinburgh Advertiser (remember when people used to sell gear that way?)…

Seller: "Yes, it's a great guitar, it used to belong to Bruce Watson of Big Country… he had Jimmy Moon fit it with a Kahler and two Seymour Duncan JBs".

might be the same wanker that's fitted a kahler into an original 58 dc junior tv model I just bought to put right, what a mess 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    ICBM said:

You know it's funny, Jamie, the guy that runs Riverside Studios was showing me one of his old Tele Deluxes, black one. I noticed that there had been a repair/respray behind the bridge.
    "Yeah, it used to belong to Bruce Watson from Big Country, he had it routed for a Kahler"..
    what was going on in Scotland in the 80s ? What with this & Midge Ure slapping them on Yamaha Jazz boxes & Gordon Smiths ! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    DrBob said:

You know it's funny, Jamie, the guy that runs Riverside Studios was showing me one of his old Tele Deluxes, black one. I noticed that there had been a repair/respray behind the bridge.
    "Yeah, it used to belong to Bruce Watson from Big Country, he had it routed for a Kahler"..
    what was going on in Scotland in the 80s ? What with this & Midge Ure slapping them on Yamaha Jazz boxes & Gordon Smiths ! 
    I might have even done that one :(. I did a few Kahler installs too, one on a black Tele Deluxe.

In my defence, a second hand late-70s Tele Deluxe was not a valuable guitar in the mid-late 80s, nor was it considered likely to become so… it was just a second hand Fender from the 'bad years'.

I never did anything from the 50s or 60s though - even then it was clear that they were valuable vintage guitars and best left original - even the 'lesser models', which weren't all that expensive then. I turned down doing one on a '59 Les Paul Junior!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom