GAS epiphany

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17636
    tFB Trader
    mellowsun said:
    Crikey, finally a nice looking PRS! Any idea of the used price for one of these, I think I'll have to hunt one down.
    If you like plain PRS I have this in the classifieds :D
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/monquixote/IMAG0343_zpsui9t4cm1.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    I am amazed at how cheap the pink DGT is - If you live in the USA.  A  hell of a lot of guitar for the money.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    edited February 2014
    I know exactly what you mean, I've had my SG for 15-16 years. It's been signed by Allan Holdsworth and recently Guthrie Govan. It's the guitar I learned my chops on. Gigged and recorded with it etc etc.
    Now....I never imagined in a million years, I'd think about ever selling it. But just after Christmas I picked up my DGT
    The guitar is now my number one, I can safely say I'll never sell it. The SG on the other hand........Well bless it, it's just not in the same ball park. So I was thinking, sell the SG and buy an old Mira. The PRS has cured me of my Strat gas. I tend to do this dance with strats, aesthetically I like them. But after a while they never really satisfy me. And after using the PRS trem system, my next strat would have to be as good.
    I also agree with keeping a cheaper guitar around, so that you appreciate just how good your top one is. And it's nice to have something you're not too worried about in a dodgy gig situation.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    I do think that if you're a gigging guitarist that having a decent backup that is pretty close to your main makes a lot of sense..
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7790
    personally, the epiphany is to discover that learning, practicing and the music you play are far more important than the instrument you play it on.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6138
    mellowsun said:
    Crikey, finally a nice looking PRS! Any idea of the used price for one of these, I think I'll have to hunt one down.
      Please stop posting pictures of PRS like these... I have spent years dismissing these guitars as soulless, unexciting utility instruments and will not have you undermining my hard earned prejudice by showing off such woody goodness. 
    B-)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"