Is this wiring possible?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    Any wiring that's possible with one of the Schaller Megaswitches (there's more than one model) can be done with a 4P5T Superswitch, but there can be a lot of fiddly wiring to get there - and working out how to do it isn't always easy.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    @Garthy The Dirk Wacker Strat-PRS hybrid circuit is only possible with a 4-pole double wafer, 24-contact five-way selector switch.

Clever as its design is, no variant of the Schaller Superswitch can perform the task.

Some of the OTAX 4-pole switches associated with Ibanez would suffice. 

In my opinion, there is a downside to the DW circuit. Only four of the ten selections will sound right. Any permutation involving a split humbucker will sound fake. (Dirk pretty much admits this in the article. "Depending on the humbuckers, this can work quite well." Faint praise, methinks.)

Thanks, there's no goals in mind, just a HSH guitar that has presented an opportunity to have some additional configurations aside from the normal RG/JEM. I didn't want to drill holes or have extra toggles so was hoping the DW circuit would enable the usual RG style selections & both HBs.  I realise this could be done with a push/pull pot to turn on one HB while the 5 way is at an end position but the DW circuit does this while adding some more gimmicky configurations- at the expense of simplicity.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom