Interesting job interview technique

What's Hot
 Eric Jr had a job interview this morning. Didn't go well for various reasons but, essentially, just not the job as was advertised. 
The interview was conducted whilst walking around the factory unit where the company turns cheap Chinese light fittings into 'custom made' boutique light fittings ( yep). At one point during the walking interview the chap comes to a halt against some old factory fittings and, without stopping talking, gets his little chap out and uses the fittings as an improvised urinal. Then carries on walking and talking before they went over the road to a cafe and finish the interview. 
My son is still bemused and won't be taking the job if offered. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
7reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    edited September 2017
    That's just taking the piss...
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Wasn't advertised as a blow job, then..?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think they are looking for workers who will accept any kind of behaviour from the management
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12393
    Report him for getting his cock out in front of your son
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • Sailing quite close to being reported to someone even if not the police. Apparently the company workforce is mostly women, although they are contract workers who weren't in yesterday, so I'm presuming this isn't his normal behaviour at work

ToneControl said:
    I think they are looking for workers who will accept any kind of behaviour from the management
    Maybe, although I find it hard to believe anyone planned to take a piss in the middle of an interview.

Well, gets slightly stranger as they've sent an email this morning asking him back for a second interview. My son has declined. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2422
    Sailing quite close to being reported to someone even if not the police. Apparently the company workforce is mostly women, although they are contract workers who weren't in yesterday, so I'm presuming this isn't his normal behaviour at work

ToneControl said:
    I think they are looking for workers who will accept any kind of behaviour from the management
    Maybe, although I find it hard to believe anyone planned to take a piss in the middle of an interview.

Well, gets slightly stranger as they've sent an email this morning asking him back for a second interview. My son has declined. 
    Maybe he should reply (as I'm assuming it's from the HR team) and ask if that is standard practice for their interviews, as he found it incredibly unprofessional and is wondering if that is a reflection on the company etc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I would be straight onto the health and safety executive about that. Absolutely vile.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUK said:
    Sailing quite close to being reported to someone even if not the police. Apparently the company workforce is mostly women, although they are contract workers who weren't in yesterday, so I'm presuming this isn't his normal behaviour at work

ToneControl said:

Maybe he should reply (as I'm assuming it's from the HR team) and ask if that is standard practice for their interviews, as he found it incredibly unprofessional and is wondering if that is a reflection on the company etc.
    It was via an agency ( although a permanent post) so he's letting them know his concerns about the job not being as advertised ( considerable discrepancy between the ad and what they said on the day) and that it wasn't a professionally managed interview. I think he's had enough of it now so doesn't want to take it any further. He's not distraught or anything just fed up that he wasted his time ( and mine as I helped him with the application) and rather puzzled why anyone would behave that way. 
    Certainly a first, I used to do a lot of interviewing and I never did that. I did have an applicant belly dance once though ( her presentation on skill development). 
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1385
    what the hell
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    Surely this didn't actually happen!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    At one interview for a position within the Music Industry, I was asked why I wanted the job - to which I replied "because I love music..." I got that far before he bellowed (in a quiet hotel lobby where he was conducting the interview)

"Yes, but I love anal sex..."

There was no answer to that.

He then started insulting lots of other friends of mine that worked in the industry, calling them every name under the sun, describing their wives/girlfriends in great depth as to whether or not they'd "get fucked" by him... I sat there in shock for a few moments, before I stood up and said:

"I'm bringing this to a halt - I came here as a professional, and I was expecting professional behaviour from you. I am not prepared to sit here and listen to you insulting people I have respect and love for, no matter what your personal opinion of them is. Thank you for your time. Goodbye."

I walked away and didn't look over my shoulder.

Professionalism dictates that I won't reveal who this prick was - but he's a "respected" member of the MI fraternity. I won't have anything more to do with the company that he runs as a result...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16119
    sounds like a pissing contest 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    My girlfriend was caught up in the same situation once. In all fairness she apologised to the young lad afterwards.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmann said:
    At one interview for a position within the Music Industry, I was asked why I wanted the job - to which I replied "because I love music..." I got that far before he bellowed (in a quiet hotel lobby where he was conducting the interview)

He then started insulting lots of other friends of mine that worked in the industry, calling them every name under the sun, describing their wives/girlfriends in great depth as to whether or not they'd "get fucked" by him... I sat there in shock for a few moments, before I stood up and said:

"I'm bringing this to a halt - I came here as a professional, and I was expecting professional behaviour from you. I am not prepared to sit here and listen to you insulting people I have respect and love for, no matter what your personal opinion of them is. Thank you for your time. Goodbye."

Professionalism dictates that I won't reveal who this prick was - but he's a "respected" member of the MI fraternity. I won't have anything more to do with the company that he runs as a result...

but was his missus fit or not?

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    So your son's not a team player?
    He should've gone one better and taken a dump, shown a bit of initiative.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmann said:

Rob Chapman? Or the Captain? Goooooo onnn you can tell us! It'll be our little secret! ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    Nothing to do with Andertons whatsoever. :-)

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• impmann said:

Reminds me of  Masterchef when they ask why do you want to be there and the answer is 'because I love food' and I shout at the telly ' no that's what makes you a fat bastard' although I don't think Greg Wallace has ever then said ' like I love anal sex.'  Well, if he does they edit that bit out. 

That's shocking, I don't expect everyone to be great at interviewing but I'm sure they must know this stuff isn't right. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    re:OP - beggars belief in this day and age. I'd definitely shop the bloke, might be he needs help.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback