Tips to learn some Megadeth?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    I think you're right @DLM - I'm trying to read the tab and play at the same time but I never get that to work very well. I seem to learn most effectively when I learn a small section at a time, which might only take a few minutes, then pretty much commit that to memory then move onto the next bit and follow that sort of approach.

I do also use crib sheets to remind me what to do. My teacher gives me a sheet for each song we cover which works quite well, it's tabbed but with rhythms etc. noted on it and I just work away at each section and make scribbles to help me remember what to do. I make sheets of sorts for myself too, depending on how I've come across the song.

That's interesting too @mike_l that feels very weird, but it's pretty effective! I had a quick look at Peace Sells a wee while ago, I'll go and check that out too. Cheers!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    @andyp ; also be aware he does this with one power chord root on the low E and the other on the A string. 
    Try this both way, so a B5 on the 2nd fret A string and a G5 on the 3rd fret E string, and an F#5, 2nd fret E and C5, 3rd fret A.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    This just popped up:

I've not watched it all, but what I have seen looks pretty good. :+1: 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    Brilliant, cheers!
  • Aaahhh I've never learnt any but now I'm going to make a point of it. Maybe an acoustic version of symphony of destruction :lol:
    Like this guy:

Awesome!!
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    @DLM ;
    Cracking DT solos on your channel man! And that Picasso Ibby...

Mark is West coast and has recently picked up a Helix - been chatting to him and Lyle Watt and swapping patches etc - we are hoping to get all 3 of us in a rehearsal room and get them set up at gig volume in a PA one night too. The Helix had it's debut on BBC radio yesterday too with Blue Rose Code's session.
    @Vaiai That's @LeeCassidy, not me! :scream:
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    DLM said:
    @Vaiai That's @LeeCassidy, not me! :scream:
    Ah so it is :) Well he's pretty good eh :)
    Nah. Total hack. :love: