SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD : 1960 Gretsch USA Double Anniversary.

zepromzzepromz Frets: 37
edited September 2017 in Guitars £
1960 (serial 37xxx) Gretsch Double Anniversary. 2 tone green.
Absolutely oozing coolness. 1960 model, first year of Hi-Los, rosewood board.
Neck joint is stable and doesn't need resetting like a lot of elderly Gretsches do.
Original frets in good shape, just minor wear on first few frets (it had flatwounds on it when I got it, then DRs from then on) and it had a fret dress and setup not long before I stopped gigging it.
Grover tuners fitted (original Gretsch/Waverley tuners are in the case).
Gretsch Bigsby is an original early 60s period correct part (original tailpiece is in the case).
Tuneomatic bridge added for stability and intonation.
Pickguard is a 1990s repro.
Guitar has its original beaten up hard case.
100% natural relic from many many years of gigging, I've owned it 21 years, the previous owner was doing the club circuit for 30 years before me, its likely got well over 1000 gigs under its belt. Loads of lacquer checking and wear, back of the neck is down to bare wood and primer for most of the playing area, 4 inches of bare wood buckle area on the back. Top split near controls, been there since I owned it and not moved or grown. Electrics could do with cleaning, mostly the master volume. I retired it a few years ago and its been under the bed ever since.
Asking £1695. Will consider Rickenbacker, Gretsch, Gibson or Fender as part ex.
Will add cash (within reason) for a decent 60s 6120 Doublecut 6120/Nashville with no binding issues, or a 70s LP Deluxe. Guitar is in West London, absolutely no postage under any circumstances.

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments