God is car insurance cheap here

What's Hot
430 euros for a CLS 63 AMG fully comp. If you know the right people in this country life is cheap!!!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Well good for you! :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Presumably ambulance chasing lawyers like Claims Direct aren't a thing in Spain yet then ?
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2107
    Are you sure you didn't just want to tell everyone what sort of car you drive :D 
    Seems reasonable to be fair. Although, I have no idea what it would cost in the UK anyway. Actually, I'm not even sure why I replied!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    About 2 grand in the UK. Last time I looked 400 quid got you fully comp on a repmobile. Most companies used to politely decline cars like that in my younger days. (And it's the older model without turbos)
    Wow! That is cheap then!
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    edited September 2017
    Maybe not many people claim for scratches in Spain. I remember driving around in my brand new Ibiza back in 1997, didn't take long to get my first scratch and I didn't even park it on the street. Before I sold it on my way back to blighty I made sure I keyed it all over and had a respray on the insurance.

A work colleague got scratches down one side of his new Alfa and didn't seem bothered. He'd got plastered and driven home, his parking was underground and he felt his way down the spiral driveway with the front wing of his car.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm guessing you're comparing that to London premiums, though. Perhaps the gulf isn't as wide if you compare non-Capital City locations.
    Although it is a surprise that Madrid would be so much cheaper than London.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3056
    edited September 2017
    just got a renewal quote from my insurance company asking for £100 more this year. They can feck off, over £700 for a Mondeo with over 8 years no claims.
  • You've nothing on my Civic 2003!
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    I've noticed that Spanish drivers are less aggressive and more courteous than London drivers.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Sassafras said:
    I've noticed that Spanish drivers are less aggressive and more courteous than London drivers.
    I hope that''s sarcasm. I won't ride a bike in town, happily do so in London. Drivers here are mental and love tailgating. 
  • I doubt that they have insurance premium tax in Spain. IPT was 5% in the UK in 2011 and is now 12%. It's a stealth tax that seems to get little publicity. Increases are usually hidden behind disturbing media reports about the compensation culture.
    Link to my trading feedback
  • Evilmags said:
    Sassafras said:
    I hope that''s sarcasm. I won't ride a bike in town, happily do so in London. Drivers here are mental and love tailgating. 
    The aggression is different, I'd wager, although I would never take any 2-wheeled transport in Madrid. You can beep the horn as much as you like, it's almost expected. I only ever saw road rage once, things may have changed since the late 90s though. I found driving to be fairly stress-free once I realised that I had to put my car on the line and use space quite creatively. My fellow drivers were pretty good at avoiding collisions, although I'm glad I never came across the guy who was driving around the city while registered as blind.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • £350 for a 14 year old X-Trail that's been to the moon and back. Closer to 40, and with 15+ years no claims. Insurance is a right fucko here.
  • 40 with zero no claims here (oh, and about four months' total driving experience...), and £800-odd on a 1.8 MG ZR.

Oddly, it's still cheaper than my wife's insurance on a 308 1.6 diesel. She's older than me, too! :D
    <space for hire>
    £380 for a modified, remapped T5 campervan. £290 for a Discovery and £150 for a C1. All fully comp.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Evilmags said:
    Sassafras said:
    Surprisingly for me, it's not sarcasm. I found driving in Spain quite stress free.
    They do have a strange approach to roundabouts but on the whole I quite enjoy driving in Spain. Obviously, city driving is going to be pretty much the same anywhere with people being pushy and in a tearing hurry.