Marshall AS50R Opinions / Experiences?

There's one for sale local to me and I like the look of it for being able to do acoustic and vocal at the same time but I just wondered what people think of these and what a good condition used example should cost. 

Anyone? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72416
    Not terrible but not great. The R model has a spring reverb which is prone to picking up noise and failing, the later D (digital reverb) model is better on that score. Both of them have a tendency for the power IC to shut down if the amp is pushed hard for a long time, especially with anything with fuller frequency content than guitar and vocals - annoying for repair techs because by the time the amp is brought in for repair it's reset itself and works perfectly again.

They're worth about £100, maybe up to £150 absolute max, and the upper end of that would be in a shop in perfect condition with guarantee etc. 

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Thanks muchly @ICBM ... The asking price is towards the upper end of that but it gives me wiggle room. In theory is there any reason why I couldn't use this for vocals only using channel 2 on occasion? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72416
    Thanks muchly @ICBM ... The asking price is towards the upper end of that but it gives me wiggle room. In theory is there any reason why I couldn't use this for vocals only using channel 2 on occasion? 
    No reason at all. It won't be very 'hi-fi' by PA standards but it will do fine in a small room if you don't want to lug a PA.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• this one isn't mine and i have no affiliation to the seller, but I've been using  a ashdown radiator for 10 years for gigs (just acoustic although it does have a vocal channel).

its been faultess and is quite a bit smaller than the marshall and sounds great.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ashdown-Acoustic-Guitar-Amp-100w-Radiator-1-combo/192238017477

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11453
    WHen I bought an acoustic amp a few years ago, I came to the conclusion that the Fishman Loudbox Mini was the best of the ones in that kind of spec/budget.