Increasing number of 9v outputs

ricorico Frets: 1220
I have a Fueltank Jr that currently powers five pedals using all five outputs. I wish to extend the number of pedals thus increasing the required outputs to eight.

Is it best to daisychain three further pedals from one of the Fueltank outputs or the TU3's output?

NB: no digital pedals are being used.

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It won't matter as the TU3 is just a pass-through. Whatever is neater  :)
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    You can use a GigRig Isolator if you get noise from daisy chaining.
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Thanks both! 
  • The only thing to be wary of (aside from introducing earth loop noise from daisychaining) is exceeding the maximum rated mA of each output. Analogue pedals generally draw much less current than digital, but it's not inconcievable that you could exceed 120mA with a few particularly hungry ones, which might cause noise too.

This might help you plan: http://stinkfoot.se/power-list

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Just make sure the output can take the combined mA power of the pedals. Each one has 120mA I have the exact same power supply but I only use 3 pedals so relatively straightforward for me.
  • I'm going down this road with my fuel tank jr. have always used the tuner dc out to power another analogue pedal with no problem. Just ordered my King of Tone (at very very long last) with an extra 9v out to allow me to do this with further pedals, and squeeze as much as possible out the T. rex unit :-)
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Or a daisy chain cable. Use one on a small board with a diago power supply and it works a treat.