Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Recommend me a cheap Tele

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• notanonnotanon Frets: 610
    @marktheharp which group is that one?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 610
    I always get Wilkinson and Entwistle mixed up the latter is for the pickups
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    I'm feeling a craving for a Tele. 

I'm assuming the neck profile will be different to my Squire Jazzmaster Vintage Modified. I'd like something a little slimmer in the neck. I'm fairly new to electric, I can no longer stand bashing out open chords on acoustic so it's time to learn guitar properly.

Thinking of the sort of thing I might pick up secondhand for up to 150 quid. I like to buy secondhand too rather than new and I can maybe upgrade parts later as my ability develops.

Anyone recommend any particular manufacturers or models?

I have a couple of Squier Standard teles ... and they are really very playable. My blonde one is actually one of the best feeling and sounding Teles I've had ... and I've had everything up to a 1965 vintage Fender one. 

Dunno what happened above as this bit did not show...but i have a blonde squier standard as described by the guitar weasel £160 delivered p.p.g its yours if you want it or it will be going in the classifieds in the next few days 
    Cheers
    Mark
  • PM sent Mark
  • Any more teles going? PM me with what you have. Cheers.
  • marktheharpmarktheharp Frets: 89
    edited September 2017
    Just checked and they have gone.so presumed  they were both sold. Dirt cheap ,but classic vibe occasionally sell for £175/200 , 2nd hand , if you can wait. Check gumtree and Facebook 'Music gear for sale /wanted Yorkshire'. Also 'NW Music Gear For Sale & Trade'. Free to join and maybe put an ad on there... obviously deal in cash and meet up in person ,public place ,McDonald's,supermarket car  park etc..... I take a little battery amp and lead to check guitar is working and  maybe take someone with you ,who is knowledgeable about guitars... good  luck 
    PM sent Mark
    no pm received ?
  • mark123 said:
    PM sent Mark
    no pm received ?
    Mark, can you see if you can pm me your email address?