Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Can a man splurge a grand plus on a pro tele when he is, at best, a competent player

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• rico said:
    @Placidcasual79 it's the American Pro Tele. In the best colours!
    tis indeed a thing o' beauty. What do you think of the weight and neck shape in comparison to other tele's?
    I haven't tried loads of Telecasters but I preferred the neck, frets and sound to the Telecaster Elite which I also tried. Also, it's the neck shape that feels the nicest compared to my other guitars.

I think the Telecaster Professional may come to be regarded as one of the greats. You need to try one and make up your own mind.
    Defiantly on my immediate things to do list - I have my LP special in for repair and as soon as it gets out I am going to get rid and I am on the road to a new Tele. 

I like a shallow neck (opposite of a Baja type V) and light! - I have held the tele pro in Dawsons Chester when they first came out (a year ago now?) and it felt great.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    edited September 2017
    rico said:
    @Placidcasual79 it's the American Pro Tele. In the best colours!
    tis indeed a thing o' beauty. What do you think of the weight and neck shape in comparison to other tele's?
    I haven't tried loads of Telecasters but I preferred the neck, frets and sound to the Telecaster Elite which I also tried. Also, it's the neck shape that feels the nicest compared to my other guitars.

I think the Telecaster Professional may come to be regarded as one of the greats. You need to try one and make up your own mind.
    Defiantly on my immediate things to do list - I have my LP special in for repair and as soon as it gets out I am going to get rid and I am on the road to a new Tele. 

I like a shallow neck (opposite of a Baja type V) and light! - I have held the tele pro in Dawsons Chester when they first came out (a year ago now?) and it felt great.....
    I wouldn't called it a shallow neck. It feels chunkier (more depth) than the necks on my Strats and Les Paul, but less chunky than the Pattern Regular on my PRS S2.

However the deep C profile on the Tele Pro has a nice comfortable feel to it with a nice rounded feel to the edges of the neck.

I'm not keen on shallow wide necks with a sharpish feel to the edges.
    It's not a competition.

• I wouldn't called it a shallow neck. It feels chunkier (more depth) than the necks on my Strats and Les Paul, but less chunky than the Pattern Regular on my PRS S2.

However the deep C profile on the Tele Pro has a nice comfortable feel to it with a nice rounded feel to the edges of the neck.

I'm not keen on shallow wide necks with a sharpish feel to the edges
    Thank you - I know these things are very subjective. 
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    I've got 10 guitars and am dreadful, many over £1k, but I'm mainly a drummer so have an excuse.

What price do you put on happiness?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kt66 said:
    I've got 10 guitars and am dreadful, many over £1k, but I'm mainly a drummer so have an excuse.

What price do you put on happiness?
    Happiness is a good drummer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    I'm a crap drummer too, but at least don't suffer from D.A.S.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kt66 said:
    I'm a crap drummer too, but at least don't suffer from D.A.S.
    Enlighten me..........
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3625
    Think on...if you don't buy things when you can afford, you'll have f**k all to sell when your arse is in the gutter!!
    Just a load of useless money in the bank.  ;)