iPhones are racist

What's Hot
ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11943
edited September 2017 in Off Topic
https://www.wired.com/story/can-apples-iphone-x-beat-facial-recognitions-bias-problem/

I thought I didn't need to add this: 
;-)

i.e. I am posting this in an ironic way
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    Your title, sorry Headline, is the biggest load of Daily Mail bollocks I've ever seen, it also bears little resemblance to the actual article headline.
    The article you link to, to save everyone else some time says: facial recognition has in the past really struggled with recognising black faces, and here's some reasons why. Have Apple overcome these? Don't know haven't yet tried one.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Is this something to do with Apple exploiting cheap Chinese labour to benefit rich American shareholders?

Oh, apparently not. Carry on.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindude said:
    Your title, sorry Headline, is the biggest load of Daily Mail bollocks I've ever seen, it also bears little resemblance to the actual article headline.
    The article you link to, to save everyone else some time says: facial recognition has in the past really struggled with recognising black faces, and here's some reasons why. Have Apple overcome these? Don't know haven't yet tried one.

I am mimicking the Daily mail / Guardian approach, sorry for not being clear
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    dindude said:

Piss taking is not one of your strong suits is it?
  • Drew_TNBD said:
    dindude said:

Piss taking is not one of your strong suits is it?
    I need to work on it, I thought the joke was obvious
  • One of my friend throws away the little black babies from a bag of Haribo. Now *that's* racist!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    It's like aLegionreturns echo in here

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    dindude said:

I am mimicking the Daily mail / Guardian approach, sorry for not being clear

Ah, too early for me. I thought we were still in the Mac vs PC thread. In that case my ability to get outraged by your thread is mimicking the............ oh forget it.
  • Stupid phone! Sorry!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • Will-i-am!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom