SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD : Carr Rambler in Brown Fancy Tolex...

What's Hot
hendrix2430hendrix2430 Frets: 40
edited September 2017 in Amps £
hello all,

downsizing a bit...unfortunately not using it enough. So I'm selling my Carr Rambler, in cowboy Rolex. Amazing amp! 

Tubes are Sveltana 6L6s, as for the speaker...well I thought it was an Elsinore for sure, but all the relevant info I can see on the speaker sticker is "RAMBLER - 8 Ohm - Made in the USA by Eminence". 

By the way the amp was made on 05/06/2011...maybe this would help identifying the speaker. Maybe it's an Emi Wizard?
Anyway, it sounds great is what's important.

Would prefer a pickup in Barnet / London.

£1350

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16253
    cowboy ROLEX ?
    Amazing the freebies you get with boutique amps these days!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16253
    meant to say ....truly is a wonderful amp.....absolute benchmark ...........with or without the Rolex !
  • CastroCastro Frets: 514
    Rolex? I might 'watch' this one....see what I did there? Can you 'dial' in some decent tones?

OK I'll stop now.
  • Let's face it, hands down one of the all-time great amps, seconds to none. No wind-up.

Bit strapped at moment tho

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5199
    I'd Wind it up really, in case the Mods Sweep in and Call Time on this thread
  • Best amp in the world !!!
  • hello all,

downsizing a bit...unfortunately not using it enough. So I'm selling my Carr Rambler, in cowboy Rolex. Amazing amp! 

Pictures and more details coming. Would prefer a pickup in Barnet / London but can arrange a delivery potentially.

£1350

How old is the amp and what speaker is in it? Thanks.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Sadly a Rolex won't be included...
  • The inevitable question - trades?
  • maybe a small fender but that's about it...trying to free up some cash. I am unsure when it was built as I bought this second hand in 2015. From memory it has an Elsinore in it but I'll check again. Cheers! 
  • xpia98jfxpia98jf Frets: 309
    edited September 2017
    Aargh why do things like this always come up when you're skint? GLWTS.
  • Sorry for the delay chaps, pictures and info coming soon, I promise!  Should have waited a couple days before posting! 
  • dcgdcg Frets: 236
    PM'd...
  • Most likey not an Elsinore speaker, with it being a 2011.

Looks great ! I think that this actual one was originally from Coda; I seem to recall seeing/playing it. 

The Rambler has seen off all other amps in my journey. GLWTS
  • Ooooh nice Tolex. Nearly covered my amp with that :) GLWTS
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Wow. Great finish. I love my
     Rambler. Lwts
  • Definitely not an Elsinore speaker, I think the early ones had an Eminence Wizard speaker. Nice tolex by the way!

The Rambler I owned didn't push my buttons, a nice tweed amp like a J20 is my idea of tonal nirvana, but for blackface fans it's a cracker.
  • JohnPerry said:
    Let's face it, hands down one of the all-time great amps, seconds to none. No wind-up.

Bit strapped at moment tho
    I think I'm the only one that clocked what you did there! It's about time you got the recognition

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • Yes it actually may very well be a wizard actually! I think I remember that from the seller when I bought it, as I had wizards in another amp. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pumkinpumkin Frets: 137
    I picked up my Rambler on FB recently and love it ...it came with a Wizard and it did sound pretty good but a little harsh in the upper mids .... Coda had an Elsinore in stock so I've got that in there now and it's much sweeter ... I talked to Carr about it and they said the Elsinore has the cone from the wizard and the smaller magnet from the red white and blues, a slightly less efficient wizard , making it a little sweeter .... Either way it's a great amp and this one looks super cool .GLWTS