Record shops - Bangor/Anglesey

hey I'm travelling to Bangor and Anglesey in North Wales next week and was wondering if there are any halfway decent record shops I can nip into with some of my free time. Also, if anyone is local feel free to recommend a decent pub that a lonely traveller can get a bite to eat in. I'll be staying in Bangor so I'll likely wine and dine there!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    edited September 2017
    NoodleOne is quite nice for food

If it is still open, Bron Y Aur music (think it might be called Cerdd Swn Llawen) is a cute little music shop.  A lot of shit, but I got a lot of gems when I studied there.

Be warned, students are all back, and only just back... so it will be full of fresh faced drunks

edit: I didn't answer either questions! The best record shop closed down.  And the pubs will be very studenty at the moment
  • Bangor is quite studenty although I've never spent much time there, the standard of eating out on Anglesey always seems a bit poor ( I have rellies there and go every couple of years). Although local mussels are the great delicacy and probably a must have if you are eating out. Anglesey is very popular with cyclists and surfers if you do either of those things. 

Say hello to my uncle Frank. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3032
    edited September 2017

Cob Records was an excellent shop but sadly closed a couple of years ago (there is still one in Porthmadog) sadly this area is not served with decent record shops that I'm aware of, even HMV has closed in Bangor.  

The  Bridge Inn is on the Anglesey side of the Menai Bridge from Bangor is a decent pub with good food. Menai Bridge would be a good place for pubs and decent food if you wanted to avoid the Bangor students!  A bit further, Beaumaris is also great for food. If not there are plenty of student and locals pubs in Bangor town centre of varying quality. If Fat Cat is still open I would recommend it for food and an ale. Also the Greek Taverna in upper Bangor has a lot of character.

http://www.bridgeinnanglesey.co.uk/

• The wife comes from Anglesey, so I'm fairly familiar with the place.

Take a sou'wester, because it'll be pissing down. Every time I've been there the rain was horizontal.