Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Should I sell some guitars

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775

Sounds good - I guess you can get all of these on a single guitar stand.  I find I don't tend to bother opening up cases to play things, so I keep to what I can fit on a single 7 way multi stand (I have guitars and basses on it).
    Curently got 5 Wall hangers, a 5-guitar rack and a three-guitar stand, so If I can get down to 5 on the wall and one lent against the amp, I'll be all good :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    John_A said:

Curently got 5 Wall hangers, a 5-guitar rack and a three-guitar stand, so If I can get down to 5 on the wall and one lent against the amp, I'll be all good :)
    Make sure you sell the stands as well :). Or at least the 5-way rack, if you use the stand for gigging.

That way you will feel foolish if you're ever tempted to buy enough guitars that you have to buy another one ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    John_A said:

Make sure you sell the stands as well :). Or at least the 5-way rack, if you use the stand for gigging.

That way you will feel foolish if you're ever tempted to buy enough guitars that you have to buy another one ;).
    Wanna buy a 5-way rack ;)
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    You're not hiding a few acoustics from us are you? :)
    Chris_J said:
    You're not hiding a few acoustics from us are you? :)
    Not many, honest :). Just two, ones a little parlour guitar that lives in the lounge so doesn't count, the others my only one I really play.  Before you ask, only one bass:). Just need to start a 'should I sell some keyboards' thread.  Only kidding, one piano, one synth 
  • JayJay Frets: 0
    Just sell the wife and keep all guitars! Dilemma over!
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    edited September 2017
    John_A said:

Sounds good - I guess you can get all of these on a single guitar stand.  I find I don't tend to bother opening up cases to play things, so I keep to what I can fit on a single 7 way multi stand (I have guitars and basses on it).
    Curently got 5 Wall hangers, a 5-guitar rack and a three-guitar stand, so If I can get down to 5 on the wall and one lent against the amp, I'll be all good
    Yeah that'd be great.  Would regain a lot of floor space!

I can't do wall hangers as I've got a bunch of broadband acoustic panels hung up.  But having de-cluttered the room it's just much nicer to be in and I don't miss owning 10+ guitars at all
    Jay said:
    She's not the issue, certainly not getting nagged in to selling any.  Saying that, I'm open to offers ;)
    John_A said:

Curently got 5 Wall hangers, a 5-guitar rack and a three-guitar stand, so If I can get down to 5 on the wall and one lent against the amp, I'll be all good
    Yeah that'd be great.  Would regain a lot of floor space!

I can't do wall hangers as I've got a bunch of broadband acoustic panels hung up.  But having de-cluttered the room it's just much nicer to be in and I don't miss owning 10+ guitars at all
    Yes, looking forward to it too, and maybe a track day car with the proceeds :)
  • John_A said:

I actually grabbed a Les Paul case to put it in and found an Edwards Les Paul in there, so make that 16 :)
    Yup...been there a few times! :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    John_A said:
    Jay said:
    She's not the issue, certainly not getting nagged in to selling any.  Saying that, I'm open to offers ;)

Pics and a rough weight?

:D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    underdog said:
    John_A said:
    Jay said:

Pics and a rough weight?

:D
    LOL. She'd kill me ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited September 2017
    Sounds like you should get rid off all of them except the silver jet  15-1. Sorted.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    John_A said:
    ICBM said:
    John_A said:

Wanna buy a 5-way rack ;)
    Mods! Reported! Keep this filth off tFB!
  • 1nten5e1nten5e Frets: 245
    This is always hard, I've often sold off guitars and regretted it.....now I have 12 and most of them just get the occasional strum/tune up......but I know if I sold one I'd regret it.....I'll only sell now if I REALLY need the money 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1301
    1nten5e said:
    This is always hard, I've often sold off guitars and regretted it.....now I have 12 and most of them just get the occasional strum/tune up......but I know if I sold one I'd regret it.....I'll only sell now if I REALLY need the money 
    I'm like that.  I have around 15 including acoustic and basses, but I'm fickle and regularly fall in and out of love with them, so I know I'd regret selling any.  Also, the most expensive one I own is a Squier CV Tele, so most of them just wouldn't be worth selling.  I'm not short of space so it's not really a problem.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    1nten5e said:
    I've sold lots over the years - well into double figures.  There's only one I kind of regret selling.
    Making great progress - 6 sold already :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom