Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Danelectro Billionaire Pedal Series

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• I have a real soft spot for Danelectro pedals and have had a fair few of the years as they do generally sound pretty good but that company has absolutely NO idea about ergonomics and usibility.  Look at those two footswitches next to each other on the rotary pedal. How on earth are you supposed to accurately hit them in the heat of battle? Absolutely bloody useless.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited October 2017
    If Dano come into market with some Swart/Tone King-esque amps with the same aesthetic as these pedals then everyone would want both! The Big Spender already matches the Tone King seafoam colourway

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

That's an unfortunate still on the Youtube video, looks like he's in the middle of the vinegar strokes :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Anyone seen a uk sale price? $45-49 in the USA it seems. I bet that’s £50 here. 
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Anyone seen a uk sale price? $45-49 in the USA it seems. I bet that’s £50 here. 
    Well that's about £35-38, so £50 wouldn't be unrealistic considering they've got to import them.
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    57Deluxe said:
    If Dano come into market with some Swart/Tone King-esque amps with the same aesthetic as these pedals then everyone would want both! The Big Spender already matches the Tone King seafoam colourway

Fender already did this with the Excelsior and Vaporiser. No-one cared or bought the amps.

• I remember the fender adds for these on youtube

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• I've struggled to find anything that sounds better than my Danno Transparent Overdrive V1...but it's almost as if they were trying to make the controls as unusable as possible. I bet someone at Danelectro design suggested putting the controls actually inside the pedal but they voted this down as being too annoying, even for them. The design they settled on was a very close second.

If they produced the same pedal with controls you can actually use I'd buy one in a shot. Maybe I have to buy a Timmy.
  • Maybe I have to buy a Timmy.
    [One quick google later] Jesus - how much? :(
  • I bet someone at Danelectro design suggested putting the controls actually inside the pedal 
    Well. I was joking...but these guys have done just that:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mosky-Mini-TM-Overdrive-Pedal-Electric-Guitar-Effect-Pedal-With-True-Bypass-/222503593500
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    @timhulio  - yes but they were limited runs and when they finished everyone ran around trying to track one down - well the Excelsior especially!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I've struggled to find anything that sounds better than my Danno Transparent Overdrive V1...but it's almost as if they were trying to make the controls as unusable as possible. I bet someone at Danelectro design suggested putting the controls actually inside the pedal but they voted this down as being too annoying, even for them. The design they settled on was a very close second.

If they produced the same pedal with controls you can actually use I'd buy one in a shot. Maybe I have to buy a Timmy.
    Yeah me too on the Dano TO - but in reality, once you have your levels you don't keep going back to the pedal for a better tone - you have it out the box!

BTW - I have a Mosky Spring Reverb and is excellent as too their power supply unit which one of my students has. - no floor noise whatsoever and you get funky landing strip LEDs!  - Oh and is dinky in stature - highly portable!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>