Planning permission

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    @Fuengi I've not built anything yet, it's just going to be a standard garden shed affair, but a wasted money if it has to be pulled back down again 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 610
    edited September 2017
    In my experience planning are the ppl who charge you £150 (or something like that) just to tell you that a crappy extension built in one day is part of the listed building WTF! At the back of the house!
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Sorry @underdog I misunderstood, thought it was already built! 

I'd make an appointment with the Local Authority Planning to discuss, it's a Pre-Application meeting you want which is around £40 depending on the authority. You'll get a meeting and a follow up letter to confirm the advice given.

However, if you are pretty sure it needs full planning that will be £40 wasted.

A householder planning application cost £172 and will take a week to register plus 8 weeks to be decided. You can produce the drawings yourself providing they are all to a scale. 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Fuengi said:
    Sorry @underdog I misunderstood, thought it was already built! 

I'd make an appointment with the Local Authority Planning to discuss, it's a Pre-Application meeting you want which is around £40 depending on the authority. You'll get a meeting and a follow up letter to confirm the advice given.

However, if you are pretty sure it needs full planning that will be £40 wasted.

A householder planning application cost £172 and will take a week to register plus 8 weeks to be decided. You can produce the drawings yourself providing they are all to a scale. 

Cheers mate, I think I best make a phone call today, going to speak to my next door neighbour first to see if they would have any immediate issue with the shed, and the guy 2 doors down who's already got 2 out his garden.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    That's a good way to go, the planners generally don't give a toss unless it's conservation area (like the Midhurst job I mentioned) or the neighbours kick up a fuss. 

See if you can find out if the guy who already has a building 'forward of the principle elevation' submitted planning or got any advice from the LPA.