Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Ebay User Agreement terms

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Bidley said:
    Agreed with @Heartfeltdawn totally. I usually get pretty sick of the constant stream of whinging about eBay, but this is something actually worth moaning about.

I get why they're doing it, but the measures they're putting in place are distinctly anti-consumer and pretty cynical.

They're anti-consumer not for the buyer but for the seller, who ultimately is a consumer of Ebay services. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    Bidley said:
    Agreed with @Heartfeltdawn totally. I usually get pretty sick of the constant stream of whinging about eBay, but this is something actually worth moaning about.

I get why they're doing it, but the measures they're putting in place are distinctly anti-consumer and pretty cynical.

They're anti-consumer not for the buyer but for the seller, who ultimately is a consumer of Ebay services. 
    That's exactly what I meant :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Which is why I wis'd you :)

• I use reverb and FB groups these days. 

Ebay own Gumtree too so expect them to start throwing their weight around there as well in due course 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    Gumtree is scammer-central. If they are going to start policing it, then all the better.
  • Whitecat said:
    Gumtree is scammer-central. If they are going to start policing it, then all the better.
    it maybe but i do ok with gumtree. i just insist on cash and collect only. just ignore lowball offers and only allow collections when convenient for me
  • only issue i have had with gumtree is the no show buyers, happend a few times now, lesson learnt dont pull listing until cash is in my hand 
  • When eBay started they were Mr nice guy building a business.

Now they have a monopoly they are out to maximise revenue and to hell with the end user.

If they had auction competition of a good level they would be dead by now. As it stands, they are still the only game in town.

Of course, their arrogance overlooks the fact that consumers are the most disloyal, fickle and ultimately selfish group there is.

Bye bye eBay. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom