NGD - Holy Grail

What's Hot

Well, I finally got what I wanted, and that's it for a while.

Tracked down and purchased a 2010 Highway 1 Stratocaster.

After purchasing one new in about 2008, having to let it go a couple of years later and regretting it ever since I have got another one.

Loving it.

The strangest thing is that I am already changing bits, it's a black body with white plastics but I'm putting black control knobs on it.

Hardly worth mentioning I hear you cry, but the thing is I am quite OCD about leaving guitars standard!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14323
    tFB Trader
    I've never found the holy grail but I've found many many fine guitars - So if you happy with your new Fender then total praise to you - The Highway is a good 'simple' USA Guitar that can be left as is or makes a good chassis for customised hot rod work as required - enjoy it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Thank you.

I got my first one purely because of Headstock snobbery, I wanted a USA on the headstock and that was the cheapest way of getting it.

Broke my heart when I had to let it go, but bills had to be paid.

Had a chance to get another one recently, but didn't want the sunburst finish and was holding out for a solid colour one.

Because it is second hand I don't feel as though I have to leave it standard, so other mods might be in the pipeline. Not just yet, but who knows...............

• Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2592
    tFB Trader
    I almost bought one around 2008, played a few in shops and really liked them for the money, what did you pay for yours now if you don't mind me asking?
  • I almost bought one around 2008, played a few in shops and really liked them for the money, what did you pay for yours now if you don't mind me asking?

£550

£50 more than the brand new I bought back in 2008!

• Photographic evidence is required ;)
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4317
    I always wished I had bought one of these when they were available. 

Nice guitars. Enjoy. 

One thing. A NGD thread with no pics is illegal. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• I will post pictures.

However I do struggle with that!

• Nice strats. They wear through the thin matt finish nicely too.  :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom