Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I'm hoping this is a joke...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• At least one of EVH's famous guitars has cig burns in that spot.  Is it possible?!!... etc....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7003
    Why wouldnt you make the cigarette point downwards anyway - surely that's easier to store that way without burning your hand - I.e. use your left hand to push it under the strings from below when playing right handed...?? I'm not a fagist so don't know the technicalities of these things....
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28353
    miserneil said:
    axisus said:
    Meh. Not particularly offended by it, not particularly interested in it.
    Interested enough to comment though. ;)
    as in not interested in that guitar with that burn, I'm perfectly happy to follow any guitar discussion when I'm at work as long as the boss isn't in the room!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mbe said:
    I tell you what's a rarity. 
    Considering how many times Hendrix was photographed between 1966 and 1970, I can find none in which he had wedged a lit cigarette between the strings and the headstock of his guitar.

It's been erased from history I tell you, it's the whole holocaust denial thing all over again.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    If it really is Jimi's guitar, it could mean an amazing bargain for someone.
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6842
    tFB Trader
    Sassafras said:
    If it really is Jimi's guitar, it could mean an amazing bargain for someone.

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    edited September 2017
    There's a story behind this guitar. Obviously it's not Jimi's as that's clearly a Marlboro burn. Hendrix smoked Players. Therefore - think about it - this was played by Paul McCartney during the Abbey Road sessions. The strings were put on by Keith Richard and tuned by a naked Marianne Faithfull.* It's a piece of 60s Rock history. Snap it up, folks!

*possibly
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgaw said:
    I despair, are there no depths of depraved sales bullshit left undisturbed. Wankers
    You don't understand "sales" do you?
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_Munkee said:
    mgaw said:
    I despair, are there no depths of depraved sales bullshit left undisturbed. Wankers
    You don't understand "sales" do you?
    Go on enlighten us.
  • Why would you waste a ciggie by letting it burn on your guitar anyway. Have you seen the price of them nowadays?
    In other "daft descriptions of old guitars" I remember a few years ago when early 60s strats were being described as "Kennedy-era". Which always made me think of the KillerVintage t shirts....
    https://www.hazardware.com/product-page/ozzie-oswald
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Why would you waste a ciggie by letting it burn on your guitar anyway. Have you seen the price of them nowadays?
    In other "daft descriptions of old guitars" I remember a few years ago when early 60s strats were being described as "Kennedy-era". Which always made me think of the KillerVintage t shirts....
    https://www.hazardware.com/product-page/ozzie-oswald
  • scalino65 said:
    In other "daft descriptions of old guitars" I remember a few years ago when early 60s strats were being described as "Kennedy-era".  
    Could start the next relicing trend - bullet lodged in the upper horn, green stains from the Grassy Knoll...
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14668
    tFB Trader
    scalino65 said:
    In other "daft descriptions of old guitars" I remember a few years ago when early 60s strats were being described as "Kennedy-era".  
    Could start the next relicing trend - bullet lodged in the upper horn, green stains from the Grassy Knoll...
    would have to have Texas Special pick-ups as well - and come with a free Dallas fuzz face
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • matonematone Frets: 211
    miserneil said:
    mgaw said:

A forumite just sent me a link to their Facebook post, lots of 'could it be Jimi's??' in the comments. Very clever.
    Can`t beat `smoke & mirrors` lol.
  • richardhomer said:
    would have to have Texas Special pick-ups as well - and come with a free Dallas fuzz face
    The ‘Lee Harvey Oswald’ signature model.... :)