Just one more

What's Hot
Although I'd expected to stop guitar work for the year, following the success of my last rebuild I decided to have a go at some issues in my first non-kit guitar.

The neck is too thick and the neck profile almost rectangular. I over-complicated the electrics and not all switch positions work. With the truss rod adjusted as far as it will go the action is still too high, and I think the headstock would look better with an ash veneer. First job is the neck...

The neck has been thinned and reshaped, and no sign of a truss rod, so that's a good start.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Headstock has been reshaped and reduced in thickness so I could add an ash veneer. And I've routed a shallow cavity for the bridge, but I think it needs to be slightly larger to allow for the full travel of the bridge to allow perfect intonation. Bother!

Guitar has been rewired. Originally the two mini-switches did single coil (on both pickups) and in/out of phase. New wiring has HB/single coil for each pickup on its own mini-switch.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rebuild finished. Headstock looks less clunky and the much reduced neck is nice to play. Truss rod issue isn't completely sorted, but it's close - I'll try heavier gauge strings.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom