Jet City Custom 22 - any owners?

not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
edited September 2017 in Amps
I'm seriously thinking about one of these. Any owners or guys that have tried one out there?

I've been using a JCA20HV for a while and love it's simplicity but I do fancy having two channels. 

So with the shaded EQ is it possible to set it up for a nice gritty rhythm on the 'crunch' channel and a facemelted lead on the other channel. That's what i'll be aiming for. 

(Specifically talking about the Custom 22 here not the 22H). 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'm not sure about the Custom 22, but a friend of mine had a similar issue with his 2 Channel JCM 900, he wanted a Mid Boost on the gain channel. So he made a pedal that has both a graphical EQ and a Channel changer wired to the same footswitch. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31610
    I gig a pair of Custom 22s, but mainly use the crunch channel with an occasional boost from a Nobels ODR-1. 

I've recently starting switching between channels on some smaller gigs and it works pretty well, bearing in mind I've snipped out the treble pass cap on channel 2's gain control on that particular amp. 

My other amp is unmodified, and at home volume channel 2 is stupidly bright, thought the difference between the two amps reduces significantly at stage volume. 

Although the two channels share EQ, the bright switch only applies to channel one and the mid boost switch only applies to channel two, so it is possible to balance the channels pretty well under most circumstances IME. 

Or do what I do for big gigs and run a pair of them separately mic'ed, one clean/one dirty, giving the sound engineer total control over each with no compromises. Most pros don't channel switch, it's always a balancing act. It's fine if you have the space, and the amps are cheap enough plus you have built-in backup if there's a problem. 
  • Thanks @p90fool I may well try a dual amp rig. I use two 2x12 cabs as it is.