Ryan Adams tour 2017.who's attended ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1773
    I wanted to go to the Leeds one but the date worked out quite difficult and I thought the tickets were quite expensive. I've then spent a good few hours watching all the phone videos of this tour and kind of wishing I'd gone as I love a lot of his songs and I've not seen him live. Next time maybe!
    I get the impression that his gigs are much more suited to small venues and that an arena gig would kinda miss the point of his music, is that right?  (excluding the astonishingly great Carnegie Hall recording)
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes he could fill Leeds arena ,many times over...
    My good lady ,gave me earache  at me going again. As I came home ,last gig 2 years ago,moaning about him..
    sorry to say ,I am so glad I went to this one...
    If you are on Facebook  there is a few Ryan Adams fan page'.. who can maybe direct you to some soundboard live recordings... the apple live gig from a couple of years ago is awesome.. =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I didn't think he was grumpy  at Leeds or being a knob... s
    If people thought he was grumpy at Leeds this year ,they would of walked out 2 years ago.... Everybody has their opinions on Ryan.... if you expect him to act like a knob and he doesn't it's a win 
    I think his music would be boring if he walked the line like everyone else... there is always an edge to him.... I actually prefer the bsides of his latest Prisoner album.there is a melancholy,heartache and sadness to it... and definitely 'The Smiths ' vibe... but all great points and thanks to everyone for contributing to this thread... 3
    Cheers 
    Mark. 
    I don't think it's great to go to see a show expecting it to be crap hoping to be pleasantly surprised. 

Hes a musician making a living from music, he's living the dream, full venues of people paying to watch him play his own songs, if it were me I'd be grinning like a Cheshire Cat!!! 

It it just shows a contempt and disrespect for your fans, well he lost a fan that day, I gave away the cds I had and I've not listened to a single song of his ever since. 

Self entitled average skilled odious little fuck bucket. 

Bassist was good tho. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    RAH was great, I enjoyed it a lot, and Timmyo (late of this parish) is now a convert.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I didn't think he was grumpy  at Leeds or being a knob... s
    If people thought he was grumpy at Leeds this year ,they would of walked out 2 years ago.... Everybody has their opinions on Ryan.... if you expect him to act like a knob and he doesn't it's a win 
    I think his music would be boring if he walked the line like everyone else... there is always an edge to him.... I actually prefer the bsides of his latest Prisoner album.there is a melancholy,heartache and sadness to it... and definitely 'The Smiths ' vibe... but all great points and thanks to everyone for contributing to this thread... 3
    Cheers 
    Mark. 
    I don't think it's great to go to see a show expecting it to be crap hoping to be pleasantly surprised. 

Hes a musician making a living from music, he's living the dream, full venues of people paying to watch him play his own songs, if it were me I'd be grinning like a Cheshire Cat!!! 

It it just shows a contempt and disrespect for your fans, well he lost a fan that day, I gave away the cds I had and I've not listened to a single song of his ever since. 

Self entitled average skilled odious little fuck bucket. 

Bassist was good tho. 
    Makes a good living. Averages $151,000 a month according to his divorce papers. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    I don't think anything will ever top seeing him on the Gold tour at the Astoria in London. I don't want to risk bad Ryan and sullying the memory of the Astoria gig. Although, reading the above, I now wish I'd seen him at the Albert Hall! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom