Fishman fluence? Lace sensor?

2»

Comments

• But you use a Helix now anyway - so if it's purely an output thing you can compensate for that very easily with a level block of some kind.  The response is more important than the outright volume, though they are typically linked to some extent.

This is actually the reason I'm a bit frustrated with the 57/66 set.  The tone is great, but there's not enough internal headroom for my particular usage, and I could easily boost the volume if I wanted it louder anyway within my setup.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • But you use a Helix now anyway - so if it's purely an output thing you can compensate for that very easily with a level block of some kind.  The response is more important than the outright volume, though they are typically linked to some extent.

This is actually the reason I'm a bit frustrated with the 57/66 set.  The tone is great, but there's not enough internal headroom for my particular usage, and I could easily boost the volume if I wanted it louder anyway within my setup.
    True, but boosting stuff along the way just results in boosting noise too, which then needs a more severe gate etc etc.

In any case, I'm more than happy with the Sensors, and the main reason for the Alumitones was that I like the way they look (aside from being curious). That's not a good enough reason to swap any more ;)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom