12" radius strat necks

I've got a parts guitar with a Jazzmaster body, standard strat type neck pocket.  When I put it together a few years ago I was trying to keep the cost down so used the cheapest neck from Touchstone Tonewoods, which was something like £25 at the time (they're £42 now).  This has done the job for the time being, but it's a bit slimmer than I'd like and the frets are quite soft and a wide but not tall shape that I don't enjoy.  So I'm thinking about replacing it.  I need a 12" radius to suit the bridge I used, moderately chunky profile is good and whether it's a rosewood or maple board is not a deal breaker for me.  I've been able to find the following with the right radius: 
-Allparts SMO or SRO.  Jumbo frets, comes unfinished, looks like it might be a middle of the road C profile.
-Northwest Guitars SRV strat neck.  Rosewood only, "vintage" frets, gloss finish, U-profile might be nice, not sure what the quality is like. 
-Hosco paddle headstock neck (from Axecaster).  Vintage frets, unfinished, not sure of the profile, would need to cut headstock.
-Fender 72 Tele Deluxe MIM neck (to order from Richtone or Gear4 music).  Maple board, medium jumbo frets, looks nicely finished, feels a little chunkier than my current neck (I checked out this model in a local shop).  Would require a bit of bodgery to fit tuners and remove neck tilt hardware.  I don't want 70s Fender type tuners as they don't work well with my 0.052 E strings.  Kluson types would leave gaps of about 1mm between them and modern types would leave unused screw holes visible. 

Any thoughts on the relative quality of these, and any others I haven't come across?  The Fender is the most I'd want to spend at £163. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments