SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

*GONE* Peter Stroud Elliott Tonemaster (Jazzmaster Shape ) *PRICE DROP* £2600

What's Hot
skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 969
edited October 2017 in Guitars £
I recently trade my Collings i35 LC for this guitar but having gigged it twice I cannot get on with the offset shape.
It is a superbly built guitar and sounds awesome with the Lindy Fralin P90's and I am gutted I can't get on with it.
It has a nice low action on the dark rosewood board with a 9.5 radius.
The marble effect paint job is very subtly done.
£2600 
Collection from Bedfordshire
I'm sure @polobear74 won't mind me referring you to his for sale thread 

So...brief history of this particular guitar...

I've ordered it directly from Andy in 2010.

The guitar needed to have some very specific appointments, and for that reason I had to custom order it.

1).. neck....22 frets. I believe this is the only Tonemaster with such a feature...because of the truss-rod adjustment, this is not an easy thing to do, but Andy took up the challenge and came up with a beautiful solution....--pictures speak for themselves--

2)body made of  one piece alder...extremely rare, that piece of wood came from Andy's personal stock...

3) "marble" finish...this type of finish is extremely difficult to do...in every guitar comes out differently....Andy does NOT offer the finish anymore, way to complicated and expensive. --$500 extra--

4) "sparkle" acrylic pick-guard

https://imgur.com/a/9HhN4

If anyone wants any more pictures I can take some and send them to them.

cheers

• “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Good god that is stunning
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah, that was my guitar. Awesome instrument, custom made, unique.
    The  price for the basic model starts at $4700 .......6+ months waiting time
  • some more pictures

https://imgur.com/a/ECgDx

• “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ttt
  • That is just gorgeous you just be gutted,  I totally get the offset discomfort -I keep wanting them to work for me but have to accept they don't. GLWTS 
  • That is just gorgeous you just be gutted,  I totally get the offset discomfort -I keep wanting them to work for me but have to accept they don't. GLWTS 
    I am gutted...never had an offset before and this just stood out from all the others and is a fantastic sounding guitar...but after a gig my shoulder was hurting and I just found it uncomfortable and that's not because it's heavy...my loss will be someone elses gain..cheers
  • pre weekend bump...
  • By Crom: that is stunning
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • JerkMoans said:
    By Crom: that is stunning
    it is a stunning guitar... anyone who tries this guitar will want it... ;)
  • skaguitar said:
    it is a stunning guitar... anyone who tries this guitar will want it... ;)
    I haven't, but I do :grin: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • *SOLD* subject to the usual 
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 969
    edited October 2017
    back up for sale or trade...what you got..gibson hollowbodies would be preferred 
    midweek bump
    No trades now thanks...and reduced to £2800 cash on collection :)
    edited October 2017
    Monday bump...and trades welcome again as had agreed to buy another guitar but that fell through . Hollow body Gibson or Les Paul considered 
    pre weekend bump...
    weighed this on the bathroom scales last night so can't say how accurate but came in at just over 8lbs
    sunday bump
    ttt
    still here...