Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Best Tremolo pedal ?

What's Hot

Comments

• jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 208
    edited September 2017

Ro_S said:
    jimkehoe said:

You could be right - I think that explains my hesitation.
    If you have a simpler pedal with a waveform knob you dont need presets to easily access the sounds you like.

One thing you need to decide is whether you need tap tempo.

The David Rolo trem is excellent but it is very hard to find.  It's not currently made by him afaik.

If you like the option of harmonic tremolo as an option - and you want tap tempo - you may like the Walrus Monument. it's a lot more straightforward compared to the super pulsar.
    Alternatively, if you don't need harmonic trem but you need tap tempo, I'd suggest the S/Duncan shape shifter.
    Don't think I need tap tempo. Typical that the likeliest pedal ( David Rolo) is not available - That's just cruel !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited September 2017
    jimkehoe said:

Don't think I need tap tempo. 
    In that case, a Boss TR2 may suit you - and would save a lot on your wallet.  I suggest getting a used on on ebay; they're dead cheap.  see how you get on with it.  it you want to upgrade, sell it and get something more complicated.
    Alternatively, the standard version of the Pulsar.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_S said:
    jimkehoe said:

Don't think I need tap tempo. 
    In that case, a Boss TR2 may suit you - and would save a lot on your wallet.  I suggest getting a used on on ebay; they're dead cheap.  see how you get on with it.  it you want to upgrade, sell it and get something more complicated.
    Sounds like a good option - I may just do that - Thanks @Ro_S
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6062
    The Suhr Jack Rabbit has a wide variety of options in a pretty user friendly format. Sounds very good too, though I found it to have its own flavour that you may or may not like. It definitely covers all the bases.
  • JezWynd said:
    The Suhr Jack Rabbit has a wide variety of options in a pretty user friendly format. Sounds very good too, though I found it to have its own flavour that you may or may not like. It definitely covers all the bases.
    I have a Suhr Jack Rabbit for sale and it's brilliant, (only selling having gone the Helix route). Well worth investigating.
    I have had a jack rabbit previously and it is a really good pedal but there is something too digital and metallic that I can't get on with.
  • shaunm said:
    Fulltone Supatrem is the best I’ve tried
    Well, I don't know the answer to the question but the Supatrem is the one that's made me go ooh when I've heard it on YouTube. It's the one JD McPherson uses and I love his sounds ( fifties psychedelic he described it as). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    jimkehoe said:
    JezWynd said:
    I have a Suhr Jack Rabbit for sale and it's brilliant, (only selling having gone the Helix route). Well worth investigating.
    I have had a jack rabbit previously and it is a really good pedal but there is something too digital and metallic that I can't get on with.
    The Jack Rabbit is analogue so I'm surprised it sounds digital and metallic with your rig. Just goes to show how rig dependant any recommendations are.
    I like the Jack Rabbit for the range it covers along with the fact that it serves double duty as an effective clean boost.

I also found the EHX pulsar to be very finicky to dial in and that one did sound metallic.

Another one worthy of mention that I think would suit your needs is the Seymour Duncan Shape Shifter - fantastic pedal.
  • jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 208
    edited September 2017
    Thanks one and all - I have followed @Ro_S's advice and sorted a used TR2 from this forum which hopefully in conjunction with my onboard trem on the amp will allow me enough variation simply and relatively cheaper - We will see.

Now how about a chorus ?
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6062
    jimkehoe said:

Now how about a chorus ?
    If you don't mind a simple one knob solution, I have a surplus mxr Micro Chorus on the block. Boxed and like new. It's a nice sounding box with useable sounds throughout the sweep. 
  • JezWynd said:
    jimkehoe said:

Now how about a chorus ?
    If you don't mind a simple one knob solution, I have a surplus mxr Micro Chorus on the block. Boxed and like new. It's a nice sounding box with useable sounds throughout the sweep. 
    Thanks for the offer - Tempting - I do like the simplicity but think I would ideally like a bit more control such as rate depth and maybe mix.
  • domforrdomforr Frets: 326
    I've got one of these and it is a very nice tremolo. Sonically up there with the Supa-trem I reckon: J:Rocket
  • domforr said:
    I've got one of these and it is a very nice tremolo. Sonically up there with the Supa-trem I reckon: J:Rocket
    Looks good but hopefully now resolved. Many thanks.
  • jimkehoe said:
    JezWynd said:
    jimkehoe said:

Now how about a chorus ?
    Thanks for the offer - Tempting - I do like the simplicity but think I would ideally like a bit more control such as rate depth and maybe mix.

The MXR M234---the "analog chorus" is great. Rate, Depth, Mix, plus control over the EQ.
  • ive tried some great trems over the yrs, theres loads to choose from. but for me at the moment the guyatone flip trem is the 1.
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
  • markvmarkv Frets: 459
    edited September 2017
    I didn't see this until today, so sorry I'm late to the party, but I think you made the right choice getting a BOSS TR-2.

I have both the TR-2 and an EHX Super Pulsar, and the TR-2 gets a lot more usage. It's just a more musical effect, to my ears. The EHX is a special effects pedal, and you can get the most ridiculous batshit crazy sounds out of it, which reflects the EHX philosophy of making pedals that can go to the extremes. But somehow I can't get a setting I'd be happy with for a whole song. The TR-2 can do choppy and do subtle and is a lot simpler to use. Plus it doesn't take up your entire pedal board.
  • markv said:
    I didn't see this until today, so sorry I'm late to the party, but I think you made the right choice getting a BOSS TR-2.

I have both the TR-2 and an EHX Super Pulsar, and the TR-2 gets a lot more usage. It's just a more musical effect, to my ears. The EHX is a special effects pedal, and you can get the most ridiculous batshit crazy sounds out of it, which reflects the EHX philosophy of making pedals that can go to the extremes. But somehow I can't get a setting I'd be happy with for a whole song. The TR-2 can do choppy and do subtle and is a lot simpler to use. Plus it doesn't take up your entire pedal board.
    Phew ..... Glad you said that and not the reverse. Thanks - much appreciated.
  • Budget £ - Mooer Trelicopter
    Mid £ - TC Pipeline
    Top £ - Strymon Flint and fav/tap switch
  • TR2 en route - Hopefully job done.

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I've had many of the booteek trems over the years but at the moment it's the humble TR-2 on my board, it's a great pedal. Having said that I'm gassing for a Basic Audio Throbby...
  • Now have TR2 - Surprisingly good.......Happy.