Boss Katana KTN-100 1x12

What's Hot
Katana 100w users.... still happy with them? is it worth getting one for practicing at home ?
cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4187
    Great little amp, perfect for throwing in the back of the car when you can't be arsed to take the heavy stuff ;)
  • Katana 100w users.... still happy with them? is it worth getting one for practicing at home ?
    cheers
    Absolutely yes...although I traded mine for the head version. The internal 5" speaker is great for home practice, and plugged into either my 2x12 cab or one of the house 4x12s at my local studios it sounds incredible. Carrying it to practice is a hell of a lot easier!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    I've got the head and it's great.  Always nice to have option of trying different cabinets.
  • 100% worth it - great amps
  • ive got the 112 combo, been gigging it most weekends for the last four months, very happy with it still, was thinking about getting the head and a 212 cab, but tbh i dont need it, this does pub gigs fine, not micced up either. use to gig with a laney vc30 212 but that just stays at home now.
  • thanks guys, i think i'll treat myself  ;)
  • Absolutely love mine!

• i've just stolen an 'as new' one on ebay for £155, roll on thursday when i can pick it up  :o
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Who has the head and 4 button floorboard ?

Do you still dig it or have shortcomings arisen ?
  • Fabulous amp. I really love my 1x12 combo.

Have the footswitch too and that offers some great features.

• andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited September 2017
    Who has the head and 4 button floorboard ?

Do you still dig it or have shortcomings arisen ?
    No shortcomings at all. Is there a 4 button floor board. Mines 6?
  • I got the 50w 1 x 12 and it's perfect for home use. Best home amp I've ever owned.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • I've got a 50w and it's all the amp I personally need.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    100 Watt 2x12" here.

Still very happy after several months of using it as a one-box stand-in for a Blackstar 104 head, 2x12 cab & pedalboard for rehearsals, as a jam night "house" amp, and the odd gig.

Only two real annoyances are the inexplicable absence of MIDI (Using MIDI as a differentiating feature to push people to particular points in the range is fair enough, but surely the 2x12 is at least as much of a premium or "pro" option as the head?) and the fact that the GA-FC foot controller is an extra cost option rather than being part of the package as (particularly in the absence of MIDI) the amp feels pretty much lobotomised without it, not just for the lack of remote channels selection, but tap-tempo and the ability to switch individual effects in/out which expands it's versatility hugely.
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • Do these take pedals well? I'd love to move my Marshall along (old DSL) and get something smaller and lighter. Only thing is I'd love to use it as a pedal platform on clean or a little bit of break up and use my collection of OD pedals to do the rest.
  • Do these take pedals well? I'd love to move my Marshall along (old DSL) and get something smaller and lighter. Only thing is I'd love to use it as a pedal platform on clean or a little bit of break up and use my collection of OD pedals to do the rest.
    That's exactly how I use my 50w and it's great for that. The clean channel breaks up nicely using the gain control to taste.  The 50w is ultimately limited for volume although I did play a tent solo the other day with it and it was fine. 

• I bought one.  Quite liked it but sold it.

Nice cleans, gain gets a bit harsh and it sounded a bit harsh when pushed.  Main thing for me was the effect implementation.  My preferred sound was the clean channel with an internal drive pedal, but that used an effect slot.  If I could have had drive/modulation/delay I may have kept it, but there are only 2 effect slots and reverb.   By the time I ended up grabbing a pedalboard, seemed just as easy to grab a valve amp as well. 

But some very nice sounds in there, good for the price, but didn't blow me away.
    That's exactly how I use my 50w and it's great for that. The clean channel breaks up nicely using the gain control to taste.  The 50w is ultimately limited for volume although I did play a tent solo the other day with it and it was fine. 
    Good to know, thanks! It sounds like it can pretty much replace everything then, I gig so little it doesn't really matter. 
  • I picked it up at the weekend and have only managed to get about 10 mins on it as yet. but the initial impressions are very good, thanks for the advice chaps