When is a £300 Cort Hiram Bullock not a £300 Cort Hiram Bullock?

What's Hot
StefBStefB Frets: 2356
edited September 2017 in Guitar
When it's had its headstock decals removed and become a £959 Joe White Custom that was originally a little shy of 2 Gs new, that's when - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Joe-white-Custom-Made-Electric-Guitar/142516362537?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Complete Bullocks! :) 

Vendor's brain has obviously been addled after "humping three guitars". Maybe, it was already addled before that?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Able to resist anything but temptation, I sent the vendor the following missive.

Concerning the electric guitar that you have listed. Please forgive my ignorance but who is Joe White? I have not heard that name before. He appears to have made an extremely accurate replica of the Cort Hiram Bullock signature model guitar - minus the decals and serial number, obviously. ;o)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The vendor's single sentence reply courtesy informed me that Joe White is a luthier based in Farnham, Surrey.

I wonder how Joe White would feel about these goods being passed off as his work?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12396
    The vendor's single sentence reply courtesy informed me that Joe White is a luthier based in Farnham, Surrey.

I wonder how Joe White would feel about these goods being passed off as his work?
    Maybe email Mr White the link to that auction and see what he says?  :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks as if somebody beat me to it. ITEM WITHDRAWN. 

I did not report the vendor. Perhaps, somebody else from tFB dropped the vendor the same hint that I did? Hopefully, the vendor realised that the game was up. 

I would have been perfectly happy if the listing had stood EXCEPT with a correct/honest title and description and a realistic price.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom