Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Noel Gallagher stuff on Reverb

What's Hot

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6154
    Some nice amps. Love this one -

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    edited September 2017
    I can't bring meself to like Oasis cause they cocky swaggering plebs with nothing but contempt for their fans and each other. Would probably had all their albums if they'd been a bit more pleasant.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyer said:
    I can't bring meself to like Oasis cause they cocky swaggering plans with nothing but contempt for their fans and each other. Would probably had all their albums of they'd been a bit more pleasant.
    On the other hand that's why I think they're ace.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1088
    Right up my street I have to say. Would love his original Orange half stack, that amp saw alot of action in the early days!

Only disappointment is lack of guitars, but then that could change as there are alot more items to be listed. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The Laney rig is awesome, even without the celebrity connection. You dont see many of these:

The orange stack would be very collectable if it is the same one he toured with in the early 90's.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Have to laugh at some of the ignorant comments there "another artist running out of cash". Somehow I very much doubt it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Noel has bought a Kemper and a Helix so is getting rid of his kit :-)

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyer said:
    I can't bring meself to like Oasis cause they cocky swaggering plans with nothing but contempt for their fans and each other. Would probably had all their albums of they'd been a bit more pleasant.
    Woah - you won't like any band who act like dicks?

I'd have to stop listening to music I think, or just listen to Ariana Grande, she seems lovely.

Oh there was the doughnut thing, not her either then.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4984
    I have to say that of all the bands & artists I've seen, Liam Gallagher has the most stage presence.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowla said:
    I have to say that of all the bands & artists I've seen, Liam Gallagher has the most stage presence.
    Definitely. Seen them twice live in their prime and the whole band were fantastic. I wonder how many guitarists started playing as a result of the music recorded with that equipment.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33898
    edited September 2017
    Never met Noel.
    Have met Liam and he was a twankstain.
    Supremely disinterested in their music.
    Would quite like some of that gear though- that Laney is schweeeeeet.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    cruxiform said:
    prowla said:
    Definitely. Seen them twice live in their prime and the whole band were fantastic. I wonder how many guitarists started playing as a result of the music recorded with that equipment.

I started before Oasis but I did actively learn how to play because of them and their songs, instead of just bashing around on a guitar which is what I was doing before Oasis.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdog said:
    cruxiform said:
    prowla said:

I started before Oasis but I did actively learn how to play because of them and their songs, instead of just bashing around on a guitar which is what I was doing before Oasis.
    I still play their songs, especially on acoustic. I agree, they certainly helped with my playing at the time.
  • Ah, Noel’s clearing out to continue funding his awful vanity project whilst watching Liams go the other way....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I have no need of big amps but I'd loooove the Echoplex.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited September 2017
    Im not a fan. I get that he's a good (if not exactly original) songwriter but to me they created the lack of dynamics in mastering. Killed off the UK indie scene in the 90's and put alarm systems in guitar shops. Also they inspired bands to think behaving like c**** on a 3 band bar bill was acceptable. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    I don't particularly like Oasis but I like this:

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6842
    edited September 2017 tFB Trader
    I've got a ES335 Noel used to record Morning Glory & Be Here Now, it was hired to Rockfield Studios for the sessions....unfortunately no photographic proof or written provenance ......cause if it had, it'd have been for sale a Christies at the height of Britpop....and not sat in a case up the side of the wardrobe in the spare room like it is now....

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • miserneil said:
    I've got a ES335 Noel used to record Morning Glory & Be Here Now, it was hired to Rockfield Studios for the sessions....unfortunately no photographic proof or written provenance ......cause if it had, it'd have been for sale a Christies at the height of Britpop....and not sat in a case up the side of the wardrobe in the spare room like it is now....

Yeah, bummer that. I'll give you a grand for it, relieve the pain a touch :)
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1075
    edited September 2017
    jeztone2 said:
    Im not a fan. I get that he's a good (if not exactly original) songwriter but to me they created the lack of dynamics in mastering. Killed off the UK indie scene in the 90's and put alarm systems in guitar shops. Also they inspired bands to think behaving like c**** on a 3 band bar bill was acceptable. 
    Because no bands have ever acted like tossers before, and obviously the band themselves were responsible for their own mastering?

Do you mean there are little dynamics in the arrangements or liam and noel had their hands on the limiters at the mastering house?

What are you on about?

Im not a fan myself, although they have some good tracks. but what you have written makes no sense.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom